- Select Registry and TripAdvisor Recognize 290 Select Properties
- A Dozen Hidden Travel Gems In Michigan
- The Top 3 Things To Do In Napa Valley If You Don’t Like Wine
- 5 of The Most Romantic Things to Do in Vermont
- Everything You Need To Know About The Chautauqua Institution
- 4 of the Most Beautiful Events at the Sonnenberg Gardens
- 3 Ways To Celebrate The Natchez Tricentennial
- Get Inspired at The Philadelphia Museum of Art
- Vote For Select Registry’s USA TODAY 10Best Nominees
- How to Explore The Beautiful Emlen Physick Estate
- Have a Day of Fun at The Jackson Zoo
- The Best National Parks in the USA to Celebrate 100 Years
- Everything You Need to Know About The Historic Rossetter House Museum
- 5 of The Best Romantic Things to Do in North Carolina
- The Mystic Aquarium: What You Need to Know
- Why You Need to See Thomas Jefferson’s Monticello
- 5 of the Most Unique Things to Do in Marshall, MI
- You Need to See these New Mexico Attractions
- How to Explore Grounds For Sculpture
- 8 of the Best Historic Bed and Breakfasts in California
- 6 of the Most Romantic Things to do in Georgia This Weekend
- 6 of the Best Things to Do in the Shenandoah Valley
- Why are the Ladew Topiary Gardens So Famous?
- 9 of the Most Romantic Things to Do in Massachusetts
- 10 Best Restaurants in Atlanta
- Relive The Best Moments At The Baseball Hall Of Fame
- 10 Popular Things to Do in Sedona AZ
- Best Cities To See The Total Eclipse Of The Sun
- Outdoor Lovers: 4 Things To Do In West Virginia
- 8 Gazebos Perfect For Romantic Getaways
- Most Impressive Lighthouses In Florida
- The Top 3 Reasons To Take A Colorado Vacation
- Shop, Dine & See: 3 Things To Do In Missouri
- Best Cities in North Carolina For Each Season
- 3 Luxurious Things To Do In Newport, RI
- Bed and Breakfast
- British Columbia
- Festivals and Events
- Holiday Lodging
- National Parks
- New Hampshire
- New Jersey
- New Mexico
- New York
- North Carolina
- Nova Scotia
- Rhode Island
- Road Trips
- Romantic Getaways
- South Carolina
- Things to Do
- Travel and Tourism
- Vacation of a Lifetime
- Vacation Tips
- Washington D.C.
- West Virginia
Author Archives: Steven Wright
What’s your idea of a perfect Midwest vacation? Exploring state parks and breathing in the fresh air? Canoeing around an island or sitting in a plush chair at the water’s edge with a stack of intriguing books? Or do see yourself touring the historical sites of Door County? With more than 300 miles of impressive shoreline, five splendid state parks and several historical sites, Door County Wisconsin is a wonderful place to enjoy your summer. Below is information on many of Door County Wisconsin’s best tourism sites and the great Wisconsin bed and breakfasts you can enjoy.
When you think about Western New York, where does your mind immediately shift? If you are one who typically has food and drink on your brain, then maybe Mighty Taco, chicken wings, birch beer, or Loganberry come to mind (as well they should!). Perhaps you are a person who quickly remembers natural beauty, in which case Niagara Falls could come crashing to your brain. Often times, though, it’s the not-as-popular restaurants or landmarks that can leave the longest impression. Take a look at some of these Western New York attractions that you might not know about but that you would be sure to remember if you get the chance to experience.
Did you know that the state of Oregon is a world-class wine region with 17 approved winegrowing regions and more than 540 wineries? Since you probably don’t have time to read about 540 Oregon wineries, we wanted to narrow the search down a bit and tell you a about the wineries in McMinnville, Oregon. But before we do that, let’s learn a little bit about the city.
Beginning in 1955, all-time tennis legends have been enshrined into The International Tennis Hall of Fame & Museum. The Hall of Fame – which is housed in Newport, RI – is sacred in the tennis world and contains the likes of old timers and new inductees alike. You can come see the history of greats on the men’s side like Rod Laver, Arthur Ashe, and Pete Sampras, as well as on the women’s side with Billie Jean King, Martina Navratilova, and Steffi Graf. In 2014, as is the case every year, a new induction class will be entering the Hall of Fame. The induction ceremony is on July 12, while the Hall of Fame Tennis Championships tournament will take place July 5-13. Below is more information on the Hall of Fame, the induction, and the tournament.
The following is an excerpt from a blog by Vacation of a Lifetime winner Michele Chandler. Be sure to check back for more snippets throughout the year.
Dog bowls, check; lots of dog towels, check; dog shampoo, just in case. Car loaded, chewy bones in the backseat, and somewhere in all of this our luggage made it in between the canine crate and Jameson’s travelling bag.
On a very cold day in March, Bob, Jameson and I started off for Ohio–our first stop of the “15 Inns in 15 days” tour courtesy of Select Registry. The weather forecast was dicey as snow streamers created whiteouts on the south shore of Lake Erie, but going slowly and determined to get south after a brutal winter, we made our way to Danville, Ohio.
Lake Tahoe is an adventure lover’s paradise, no matter what time of year you are looking to visit, right in the heart of the Sierra Nevadas. Take a boat out in the water to do some fishing or wakeboarding in the summer, or hit the slopes with your skis or snowboard in the winter. Since summer is right around the corner, we decided to give you this list of Lake Tahoe summer activities that will keep you busy for days. Your only question will be, “When can we go back?”
Consider taking your summer vacation north of the border this year and head to Victoria, British Columbia. The temperatures remain mild (high 60s) throughout the summer months, allowing locals and visitors alike to enjoy the outdoors without needing to escape the heat. This provides the perfect atmosphere in which to experience the exciting Victoria, BC events scheduled for the summer of 2014. From a variety of theater shows, to a round of golf, to participating in grueling feats of athleticism, Victoria offers unique events to satisfy every person. Check out this list that we have compiled.
When you think of the places in the United State most known for wine, your mind will probably head to Napa Valley or Sonoma Wine Country in Northern California. That is certainly understandable, but in the southeast, Georgia produces some of the finest grapes and wines, as well. North Georgia wine is so popular that the 2014 Georgia Wine Country Festival will be making its 13th annual appearance this June. The event is presented by Three Sisters Vineyard & Winery in Dahlonega, GA, and will be taking place every Saturday and Sunday during the entire month of June. Here are the details for this fabulous festival.
At the extreme southwestern tip of Washington State is a piece of land that can only be described as A Hidden Gem. This is where you will find the Long Beach Peninsula, which is bordered by the Columbia River to the south, Willapa Bay to the east, and the Pacific Ocean to the west. A group of state parks in Cape Disappointment State Park, Leadbetter Point State Park, Pacific Pines State Park, and Loomis Lake State Park are just a few of the reasons that make a trip to the Long Beach Peninsula truly unforgettable. Here are more details about this excellent Pacific Northwest getaway.
Looking for a unique shopping and dining experience on your next visit to the Nashville, TN, area? Located just 15 miles from downtown is an entertainment complex called The Factory in Franklin, TN. The Factory at Franklin is listed on the National Register of Historic Places and provides guests with a variety of restaurants and fun things to do for the whole family. It is the perfect place to visit when you are looking to escape the hustle and bustle of the big city. Here are some of the great ways to enjoy yourself at The Factory at Franklin.