- Some of the Best Things to Do in Sedona, AZ
- Everything You Need to Know About Forest Park in Oregon
- What Are the Best Things to Do at the Biltmore Estate?
- Why You Need to Visit McCarthy’s Wildlife Sanctuary
- 4 of the Best Restaurants near Santa Rosa, CA
- Some of the Best Tour Guides for Snorkeling in Key West
- How to Spend an Afternoon at the Baltimore National Aquarium
- 4 of the Best Annual Events at the Market Square in Pittsburgh
- The Most Interesting Exhibits at the Daytona Museum of Arts and Sciences
- The Best Places for Whale Watching in Northern California
- What Is the Pennsylvania National Fire Museum?
- Some of the Most Scenic Hikes in Washington State
- How to Spend an Afternoon at the Williamsburg Historic District
- 4 of the Best Features of Chimney Rock State Park
- Los Padres National Forest Is One of the Best Places to Explore
- What You’ll See at the Great Smoky Mountains National Park
- How to Plan a Trip to the St. Augustine Wild Reserve
- Spend a Day at the Daytona International Speedway
- 3 Beautiful Places for Northern Michigan Getaways
- Some of the Best Places to Go Skiing Near Denver, Colorado
- 3 of the Most Romantic Things to Do in New Jersey
- How to Find the Best Shopping in Charlotte, North Carolina
- Your Guide to the Most Romantic Things To Do in Virginia
- Everything You Need to Know About Kittatinny Valley State Park
- Some of the Best Exhibits at the Hagerstown Roundhouse Museum
- Why You Need to Visit the Mississippi Petrified Forest
- Select Registry and TripAdvisor Recognize 290 Select Properties
- A Dozen Hidden Travel Gems In Michigan
- The Top 3 Things To Do In Napa Valley If You Don’t Like Wine
- 5 of The Most Romantic Things to Do in Vermont
- Everything You Need To Know About The Chautauqua Institution
- 4 of the Most Beautiful Events at the Sonnenberg Gardens
- 3 Ways To Celebrate The Natchez Tricentennial
- Get Inspired at The Philadelphia Museum of Art
- Vote For Select Registry’s USA TODAY 10Best Nominees
- Bed and Breakfast
- British Columbia
- Festivals and Events
- Holiday Lodging
- National Parks
- New Hampshire
- New Jersey
- New Mexico
- New York
- North Carolina
- Nova Scotia
- Rhode Island
- Road Trips
- Romantic Getaways
- South Carolina
- Things to Do
- Travel and Tourism
- Vacation of a Lifetime
- Vacation Tips
- Washington D.C.
- West Virginia
Author Archives: Select Registry
*Over the course of our 24 years of owning our property on Jacob Hill people have asked: “how we got into the Innkeeping business?” Our story has been told and shared many times around the world, over the internet, in magazines, newspapers, and my personal favorite, word of mouth (today it’s called social media). In short, after an extensive searched all over Rhode Island, we found our Historic property located just 15 minutes from where I grew up. We redecorated and re-purposed it over the years, creating the highest rated lodging property in the Providence area.
Wilmington, NC is a wonderful coastal town with a relaxed atmosphere and a lot of charm. Visitors and locals alike enjoy the quaint downtown, historic homes, great restaurants, and parks. The town is also home to a movie studio, so when you visit, you might even see a celebrity or two. However, one of the best things about heading to Wilmington is hitting the beach. The best beaches in Wilmington, NC feature perfect sand, gorgeous waves, and plenty of friendly faces. So get ready for summer and start planning your activities for the best beaches in Wilmington, NC.
The city of Providence, Rhode Island is full of charm and exciting things to do. As the capital city of the state, it makes sense that there are often special events and celebrations to take part in downtown. There are numerous festivals and other events that celebrate the city and its people year round, and the summer is no different. One such annual event that people look forward to each summer is WaterFire Providence. The event centers on an award-winning sculpture in downtown Providence. During the summer, a series of events surrounding the artwork bring Providence to life with art and entertainment. If you’re planning on a trip to Rhode Island this summer, then you must make some time for WaterFire Providence.
Both Tesla owners and their vehicles can recharge at more than 170 B&Bs, inns, and hotels throughout the U.S.
Charleston, SC – May 7, 2015 – Thanks to Tesla Motors Destination Charging program and 170+ forward-thinking, business-savvy, and environmentally-conscious Select Registry member properties, road trips just got easier for Tesla Model S owners.
The Tesla Motors Destination Charging program gives Tesla drivers the freedom to charge wherever they want to travel by replicating the charging convenience owners are accustomed to at home. Under this partnership, and when all scheduled installations are complete, drivers will be able to recharge their vehicles at more than 170 Select Registry B&Bs, inns, and hotels in 34 states and Nova Scotia, Canada. Currently, there are 63 properties installed, with the remainder to be installed in the coming months.
The Hudson Valley region of New York state is a place full of history, culture, scenic views, and lots of charm. This part of New York is a great place for a romantic getaway due to the natural beauty and the abundance of activities available. During your time in the Hudson Valley, you can enjoy the outdoors on a hike, search for that perfect something in a quaint shop, eat at a top-notch restaurant, and take in the arts at a gallery or special performance. Another great thing to do during your time in the area is to attend a wine tasting at Hudson-Chatham Winery. This local winery has a large selection of handmade wines that exemplify what’s best about the region.
When you’re looking for a getaway destination for you and that certain someone, there are many locations to choose from. One option that’s always a good idea is the beach. Romantic beach getaways are the perfect time to relax in the sun and reconnect with your partner. And with so many gorgeous beaches on both coasts of the United States, there is sure to be one that fits your needs perfectly. Plus, with so many Select Registry properties on both coasts, you know you’ll experience the finest accommodations. We’ve come up with eight great romantic beach getaways to help you start planning that special trip. Whether you want rocky shorelines or wide, sandy beaches, one of these romantic beach getaways will provide plenty of sun and fun for you and your loved one.
Are you looking for the perfect place to take a vacation this summer? The state of Maine is full of wonderful places to explore. Coastal Maine is a wonderful destination for summer getaways. The classic New England beaches, scenic vistas, and charming towns attract people from all over the country to come and enjoy all coastal Maine has to offer. One of the places on the coast you should think about visiting is Deer Isle, Maine. Located in Penobscot Bay, Deer Isle, Maine encapsulates all the best things about coastal Maine destinations. There is much to do outdoors as well as indoors in this beautiful area. And the Select Registry property in Deer Isle, Maine will provide you with the ideal place to rest, relax, and recharge. Here are some helpful tips to ensure that you get the most out of your trip to Deer Isle.
Everyone has a favorite place to go on vacation. Some people are fans of the beach while others like quaint small towns they can explore. Another favorite destination for travelers is the mountains. In several different parts of the United States, there are beloved mountain vacation destinations. Both on the east and west coast, you’ll find idyllic places to hike, bike, and climb. And because there are Select Registry properties all over the country, it’s more than likely that you can find the perfect place to stay during your mountain getaway. If you want to find a new getaway spot or rediscover an old favorite, then consider exploring one of these amazing mountain vacation destinations.
Nothing says “summer” like a great road trip. Hitting the road and seeing the places you’ve always wanting to see can feel freeing and unleash the adventurer inside of you. But once you’ve decided that you want to go on a summer road trip, there is a lot of planning to be done and plenty of things to consider. There are plenty of people who can give you great advice about planning the perfect road trip, but ultimately your road trip should be unique to you and what you want to do and see. However, no matter where you go and what you see, there are things you consider before buckling up and hitting the open road. These aren’t all of the things you need to keep in mind when planning to go on your trip, but they’re a good place to start.
There is so much to do in the city of Santa Barbara and the surrounding areas. Many people travel to the city to take advantage of the temperate climate and the beautiful beaches. Others enjoy exploring neighboring vineyards and tasting amazing California wine. With all of the great activities on the coast, sometimes people forget about the adventures to be had just off of the coast. If you love the sea, marine life, or just enjoying beautiful days and fresh air with friendly people, then you might consider whale watching in Santa Barbara. And with three amazing Select Registry properties in the area, you know you’ll be treated to luxurious accommodations during your getaway.