- Why You Need to See Thomas Jefferson’s Monticello
- 5 of the Most Unique Things to Do in Marshall, MI
- You Need to See these New Mexico Attractions
- How to Explore Grounds For Sculpture
- 8 of the Best Historic Bed and Breakfasts in California
- 6 of the Most Romantic Things to do in Georgia This Weekend
- 6 of the Best Things to Do in Shenandoah Valley
- Why are the Ladew Topiary Gardens So Famous?
- 9 of the Most Romantic Things to Do in Massachusetts
- 10 Best Restaurants in Atlanta
- Relive The Best Moments At The Baseball Hall Of Fame
- 10 Popular Things to Do in Sedona AZ
- Best Cities To See The Total Eclipse Of The Sun
- Outdoor Lovers: 4 Things To Do In West Virginia
- 8 Gazebos Perfect For Romantic Getaways
- Most Impressive Lighthouses In Florida
- Top 3 Reasons To Take A Colorado Vacation
- Shop, Dine & See: 3 Things To Do In Missouri
- Best Cities in North Carolina For Each Season
- 3 Luxurious Things To Do In Newport, RI
- 3 Things To Do In Wisconsin For Cheese Lovers
- 5 Oklahoma Parks Worth Wearing Bug Spray For
- 6 Things To Do In Tennessee For Nature Lovers
- 4 Beautiful Lighthouses in Michigan
- 5 Things To Do In Texas You Can’t Do Anywhere Else
- 4 of the Best Kid-Friendly Hotels in the US
- Best Lake Vacations in the US
- 9 Scenic Lighthouses in Maine
- Top 21 Places With Beautiful Flowers
- 4 Cities for Civil War History Buffs
- Best Pools To Escape To This Summer
- 11 Famous Places You’ve Seen on TV
- Most Beautiful Gardens in the US
- Best Places for Civil War History Buffs
- Best Historic Wedding Venues in the South
- Bed and Breakfast
- British Columbia
- Festivals and Events
- Holiday Lodging
- National Parks
- New Hampshire
- New Jersey
- New Mexico
- New York
- North Carolina
- Nova Scotia
- Rhode Island
- Road Trips
- Romantic Getaways
- South Carolina
- Things to Do
- Travel and Tourism
- Vacation of a Lifetime
- Vacation Tips
- Washington D.C.
- West Virginia
Author Archives: Brandie Sigler
Bed and Breakfast recipes are tested to perfection. Few places offer the opportunity for the chef or cook to interact on such an intimate level with those eating the food as the breakfast table at a private luxury inn. Here guests are relaxed and ready to provide feedback on both new and favorite recipes.
At a Select Registry Inn you have the added advantage of quality. Because each inn is quality assurance inspected, you know you are getting the best of everything, including breakfast, dessert and other dishes. And Select Registry inns are generous. They have shared some of their best recipes on their websites and the Select Registry website.
As my previous posts have touched on, sitcoms generally portray bed and breakfasts in a less than positive light. In a 2011 episode of NBC’s Parks and Recreation, the cast seeks refuge from a horrible camping trip at The Quiet Corn B&B. The inn is creepy and run by an unwelcoming and inflexible innkeeper who seems to prefer the company of cats over people and thinks guests are more of a nuisance than privilege.
This portrayal of bed and breakfasts as unwelcoming and impersonal places with grumpy and weird innkeepers has led to some unfounded myths in the minds of the average North American resident. Debunking these myths is the goal of this post.
At this time of year, many people’s thoughts turn to New Year’s Resolutions. This year we encourage you to resolve to try new things in 2014. Here are a few things we recommend if they are new to you.
Sheldon Cooper from CBS’s Big Bang Theory loves trains. His love of trains has been the topic of several episodes of the hit television series. If your passion for trains outshines Sheldon’s then you will be excited to learn that several Select Registry inns are partnering with Lionel Trains for a Holiday promotion.
When visiting any of the participating inns, you will find a special Lionel Train under their tree, as well as Lionel Train ornaments on their tree. Once you see these delightful trains, you may decide you would like to have one in your home. All of the participating inns will have order forms available.
My family has spent many evenings driving through various neighborhoods admiring Christmas decorations and holiday light displays at homes and businesses. We listen to holiday music and ooh and ahh at the lights and displays. It is easily one of my favorite family traditions.
We stay on the lookout for great displays and decorations. So I was very excited to see that several Select Registry Inns have been recognized for their efforts. Many innkeepers and their staffs put in many hours in the cold to put up elaborate light displays on the exteriors of their inns, while others spend hours planning and decorating their interior spaces.
It should come as no surprise to loyal Select Registry travelers that there are Select Registry properties in 13 of the top 20 towns selected by readers of Travel and Leisure. We suspect there are inns in the majority of the 744 towns that were nominated via social media as well.
Editors at T+L found that the majority of the top towns have a history dating back at least a century. Other aspects of the towns make them unique and attractive to guests and residents.
Which cities made the top 20 and have Select Registry inns in town or nearby? Read on to find out.
Select Registry is pleased to share that Los Poblanos Historic Inn and Farm was recently presented with a Trustees Emeritus Award for Excellence in the Stewardship of Historic Sites by the National Trust for Historic Preservation.
“Los Poblanos is a true gem for the community and for visitors from across the globe,” said Stephanie Meeks, president of the National Trust for Historic Preservation. “Its natural beauty and comfort — combined with its fascinating history and character — make it one of the most magnificent historic properties in the Southwest.”
This time of the year in the northern part of the United States and most of Canada, temperatures are dropping. By the first week of November, most residents of these areas have seen at least some snowfall and are digging out their winter clothing.
For the residents of these areas who are not ready to give up warmer temperatures, afternoons on the porch with a good book, the sun warming faces, and the carefree feelings of summer, we recommend taking a last minute getaway to a warmer climate. Hot Springs, Arkansas is clinging to the last bits of summer and invites visitors to take in all the city has to offer.
Simply put, the Select Registry Difference is a guarantee that you will enjoy top-notch service, quality accommodations and uncommon luxury whenever you stay at one of our inns.
We’ve all seen on television, or experienced ourselves, the stereotypical and disappointing bed and breakfast experience. There was an episode of “Everybody Loves Raymond” that centered on Ray and his wife Debra’s unpleasant stay at a bed and breakfast where they had to share a bathroom with other guests, their room was disappointing to say the least, and modern amenities were lacking.
Each year for the past four years, Bed and Breakfast inns across North America have celebrated the sacrifices of service men and women by participating in the Professional Association of Innkeepers International’s B&B for Vets promotion. This year is set to be just as successful with more than 250 inns. You can check the availability of rooms visiting the promotion’s webpage.