- Los Padres National Forest Is One of the Best Places to Explore
- What You’ll See at the Great Smoky Mountains National Park
- How to Plan a Trip to the St. Augustine Wild Reserve
- Spend a Day at the Daytona International Speedway
- 3 Beautiful Places for Northern Michigan Getaways
- Some of the Best Places to Go Skiing Near Denver, Colorado
- 3 of the Most Romantic Things to Do in New Jersey
- How to Find the Best Shopping in Charlotte, North Carolina
- Your Guide to the Most Romantic Things To Do in Virginia
- Everything You Need to Know About Kittatinny Valley State Park
- Some of the Best Exhibits at the Hagerstown Roundhouse Museum
- Why You Need to Visit the Mississippi Petrified Forest
- Select Registry and TripAdvisor Recognize 290 Select Properties
- A Dozen Hidden Travel Gems In Michigan
- The Top 3 Things To Do In Napa Valley If You Don’t Like Wine
- 5 of The Most Romantic Things to Do in Vermont
- Everything You Need To Know About The Chautauqua Institution
- 4 of the Most Beautiful Events at the Sonnenberg Gardens
- 3 Ways To Celebrate The Natchez Tricentennial
- Get Inspired at The Philadelphia Museum of Art
- Vote For Select Registry’s USA TODAY 10Best Nominees
- How to Explore The Beautiful Emlen Physick Estate
- Have a Day of Fun at The Jackson Zoo
- The Best National Parks in the USA to Celebrate 100 Years
- Everything You Need to Know About The Historic Rossetter House Museum
- 5 of The Best Romantic Things to Do in North Carolina
- The Mystic Aquarium: What You Need to Know
- Why You Need to See Thomas Jefferson’s Monticello
- 5 of the Most Unique Things to Do in Marshall, MI
- You Need to See these New Mexico Attractions
- How to Explore Grounds For Sculpture
- 9 of the Best Historic Bed and Breakfasts in California
- 6 of the Most Romantic Things to do in Georgia This Weekend
- 6 of the Best Things to Do in the Shenandoah Valley
- Why are the Ladew Topiary Gardens So Famous?
- Bed and Breakfast
- British Columbia
- Festivals and Events
- Holiday Lodging
- National Parks
- New Hampshire
- New Jersey
- New Mexico
- New York
- North Carolina
- Nova Scotia
- Rhode Island
- Road Trips
- Romantic Getaways
- South Carolina
- Things to Do
- Travel and Tourism
- Vacation of a Lifetime
- Vacation Tips
- Washington D.C.
- West Virginia
Monthly Archives: August 2014
With so many beautiful places to explore in the Pacific Northwest, we here at Select Registry know it can be daunting to choose where to visit. One place that should be at the top of your list is the Olympic Peninsula of Washington State and in particular, Olympic National Park.
At Select Registry, we love being able to explore many of the different National Parks in the US while still being near the fantastic accommodations provided by our members. In Southern California, Joshua Tree National Park is a majestic region of desert that takes visitors into what seems like another world.
Natural Features of Joshua Tree National Park
Joshua Tree National Park is an incredible 790,636-acre desert park in Southern California, located about an hour outside of Palm Springs. A National Park since 1994 (and a National Monument since 1936), Joshua Tree takes its name fro the indigenous tree that populates the area. Both the Mojave Desert and the Colorado Desert have presences in the park. The Mojave in the western part of the park the higher and cooler of the two and features the Joshua tree forests and magnificent rock formations.
The Green Mountains of Vermont are beautiful to behold. After all, they are where the state gets its name – from “les Verts Monts”, the French name for the range. Along with history and beauty, they also provide visitors with many opportunities for viewing local flora and fauna as well as hiking and mountain biking. Mount Mansfield is the tallest mountain in the state of Vermont and is a dream destination for outdoor enthusiasts, whether their hobby is hiking, mountaineering, climbing, or snow skiing. And with the inns in Vermont from Select Registry nearby, you can “rough it” on the mountain and come back to luxurious comfort.
Kansas City is a great destination for people looking to enjoy the famous Kansas City jazz, Kansas City blues, and of course, Kansas City style barbecue. And with a stay at the city’s Select Registry member property, you can be sure that your experience in “KC” will be memorable. This city that spans the Kansas-Missouri border has a rich history that includes an important part in the Civil War, and one of the largest and longest lasting farmer’s market in the central United States. With an active cultural scene and entertainment options, Kansas City is a great midwest getaway destination. And while your there, you definitely need try the local delicacy of barbecue. Kansas city barbecue is marked by its slow smoked meat cooked over various types of wood. When cooked, the meat is then slathered in a thick tomato and molasses sauce. So, be sure to check out these five mouth-watering Kansas City BBQ restaurants.
Take a look at a bit of what our Vacation of a Lifetime winners Bill & Pam O’Brien were up to this summer:
In the middle of June we decided to venture down for a 2 night stay in North Wildwood and Cape May, NJ. Our first stay was at the Candlelight Inn in North Wildwood NJ. This Inn is only minutes to the boardwalk and all of its excitement. Innkeepers Bill and Nancy were excellent hosts. Their B&B is very nice and offers great rooms. The Seashore Suite was lovely an offered an in room Jacuzzi and separate large sitting room for relaxing and preparing food and drinks. In the afternoon enjoy the cool sea breeze outside on the large wraparound porch. After a nice breakfast in the morning we drove northward to the explore the historical Hereford Lighthouse.
Victoria, British Columbia is a beautiful city on the waterfront. With great arts, culture, history, and tasty cuisine, its the perfect vacation destination in the Pacific Northwest. Whether you want to take in the waterfront, visit a museum or historic site, or wander around a park, Victoria has something to keep even the pickiest travelers occupied. And with a Select Registry member right in the middle of all the action, you’re sure to have a good time. There is always a lot going on in the area, so we’ve come up with a few ideas for what to do in Victoria BC this fall.
When you think of taking a vacation to a New Jersey b&b, you might picture the shore, Atlantic City, and hopping over to New York City for the day. However, the quaint towns, mountains and forests of the interior and western regions of the state offer great opportunities for hiking and relaxing in the beauty of nature. One place you should check out if you’re an avid hiker and looking for a getaway is Allamuchy Mountain State Park. And with nearby Select Registry properties to experience, Allamuchy Mountain State Park in Sussex County, NJ is an ideal place to get in touch with nature while still having luxurious accommodations to return to.
The South Eastern portion of the United States is full of small towns brimming with southern charm and gracious hospitality. You’ve probably heard of popular destinations like Charleston, Savannah, and Beaufort, but there are smaller and lesser known gems just waiting to be discovered. Camden SC is one of those gems that is definitely worth a visit. For a getaway to a place where you can enjoy a slower and friendlier way of life, head to Camden SC and check in to the Select Registry property in town, and get ready for a memorable experience.
Take a look at what our Vacation of a Lifetime winners Bill & Pam O’Brien were up to in Newport, RI back in April:
After our stay in Providence, Rhode Island we journeyed south for a couple days in Newport, Rhode Island. Our first night was at the Victorian style Cliffside Inn which is located 1 block up the road from the famous Cliffside walk. A 5:00 P.M. happy hour included wine and cheese and crackers. A nice way to unwind after a brisk April walk along the Cliff Walk. After a cordial gathering in the main dining area we went off to a casual dinner at of course O’Brien’s Pub. How could you go wrong with a name like that. There we enjoyed some excellent burgers with some beer on tap and watched some of the Rangers/Flyers hockey.
Seattle, Washington has a lot going for it. It’s the perfect getaway destination for travelers wanting to experience vibrant culture, fine arts, music, theatre, great dining and more. And because Seattle is also home to a Select Registry member, you can be sure your stay in the city will be amazing. One of the features of the city that endears it to visitors year after year is its breathtaking skyline. The Seattle Skyline is populated by skyscrapers dating back to the early 1900s. Not only are the buildings notable, but the majestic presence of Mount Rainier adds to its appeal. Whether you view it from the ground from one of the city’s neighborhoods, from a ferry on the waterfront, or standing hundreds of above the streets below on an observation deck, you have to see the Seattle skyline in person.