- Why You Need to Visit McCarthy’s Wildlife Sanctuary
- 4 of the Best Restaurants near Santa Rosa, CA
- Some of the Best Tour Guides for Snorkeling in Key West
- How to Spend an Afternoon at the Baltimore National Aquarium
- 4 of the Best Annual Events at the Market Square in Pittsburgh
- The Most Interesting Exhibits at the Daytona Museum of Arts and Sciences
- The Best Places for Whale Watching in Northern California
- What Is the Pennsylvania National Fire Museum?
- Some of the Most Scenic Hikes in Washington State
- How to Spend an Afternoon at the Williamsburg Historic District
- 4 of the Best Features of Chimney Rock State Park
- Los Padres National Forest Is One of the Best Places to Explore
- What You’ll See at the Great Smoky Mountains National Park
- How to Plan a Trip to the St. Augustine Wild Reserve
- Spend a Day at the Daytona International Speedway
- 3 Beautiful Places for Northern Michigan Getaways
- Some of the Best Places to Go Skiing Near Denver, Colorado
- 3 of the Most Romantic Things to Do in New Jersey
- How to Find the Best Shopping in Charlotte, North Carolina
- Your Guide to the Most Romantic Things To Do in Virginia
- Everything You Need to Know About Kittatinny Valley State Park
- Some of the Best Exhibits at the Hagerstown Roundhouse Museum
- Why You Need to Visit the Mississippi Petrified Forest
- Select Registry and TripAdvisor Recognize 290 Select Properties
- A Dozen Hidden Travel Gems In Michigan
- The Top 3 Things To Do In Napa Valley If You Don’t Like Wine
- 5 of The Most Romantic Things to Do in Vermont
- Everything You Need To Know About The Chautauqua Institution
- 4 of the Most Beautiful Events at the Sonnenberg Gardens
- 3 Ways To Celebrate The Natchez Tricentennial
- Get Inspired at The Philadelphia Museum of Art
- Vote For Select Registry’s USA TODAY 10Best Nominees
- How to Explore The Beautiful Emlen Physick Estate
- Have a Day of Fun at The Jackson Zoo
- The Best National Parks in the USA to Celebrate 100 Years
- Bed and Breakfast
- British Columbia
- Festivals and Events
- Holiday Lodging
- National Parks
- New Hampshire
- New Jersey
- New Mexico
- New York
- North Carolina
- Nova Scotia
- Rhode Island
- Road Trips
- Romantic Getaways
- South Carolina
- Things to Do
- Travel and Tourism
- Vacation of a Lifetime
- Vacation Tips
- Washington D.C.
- West Virginia
Monthly Archives: June 2014
The capital of British Columbia has a population of more than 80,000, while the metropolitan area exceeds 340,00 people. Many people call this beautiful city their home and want visitors to experience the best parts of it! As you plan what to do and see in the area, don’t forget to pick where you want to relax and refuel. Victoria BC restaurants range from Thai to Polish cuisine, giving you a wide variety of options to choose from. Here are 6 fantastic Victoria BC restaurants you should try out when visiting the city!
Mississippi is the 20th state of the U.S. to join the Union. It received its statehood on December 10, 1816. Spreading over 48,430 square miles of land, Mississippi is spacious and full of interesting things to do. With numerous towns and cities to choose from in the state, finding the one to visit can be challenging. The states largest city is Jackson. Not only is Jackson the largest city but also the capital of Mississippi and home to a fantastic Select Registry property. As you are looking for the perfect place to visit, take a moment to read over a few of our favorite things to do in Jackson MS!
Summer is upon us, making planning your vacation critical. The state of Vermont offers several beautiful and charming towns and cities to visit. Located in the northeastern part of the United States, Vermont is the only New England state not bordering the Atlantic Ocean, giving it a different feel than the other states. One small town in Vermont is Middlebury. Full of class, charm, and some terrific scenic waterfalls, you will delight over this diamond in the ruff. We here at Select Registry have a few suggestions of things to do in Middlebury VT for your summer vacation.
The Midwest has about 8,500 towns with populations less than 20,000. With an array of charming small towns to explore, picking the perfect one to visit might be difficult. Select Registry recommends you explore Galena IL. Small towns are treasure troves of delicious food, warm hospitality, immense history, and charm. Galena IL has all of the above.
From the Windy City skyline to Abraham Lincoln’s historic hometown, Illinois is an interesting, thriving state that has always been the true heart of the American Midwest. The majority of Illinois is composed of green rolling hills, golden cornfields, and villages, suburbs, and towns nestled between and around them. One of the most charming small towns in the state is Galena IL. This small town is full of interesting history, 19th century architecture and entertainment opportunities year round.
The following is a blog post from Select Registry Vacation of a Lifetime winner Michele Chandler. Here is the original publication.
I will admit that I am a misplaced resident in an inland province. Any opportunity that presents itself to get near the ocean is an excuse for me to ‘go coastal’. Planning this wonderful leg of the Trip of a Lifetime soothed my land-lubbing existence..
Need a getaway in the Pacific Northwest? Well, pack up the car and hit the road to visit these great Fall festivals in Oregon. From cultural traditions, to haunted towns, to some of the regions best beer and food, you can find it all in Oregon this fall. And Select Registry has a number of properties in the area to make your trip extra special. Take a look at a few of our recommended Fall festivals in Oregon for 2014.
Monterey, California is a great place to visit during the summer. Cultural celebrations, holiday traditions, and good old fashioned entertainment combine in a line up of fantastic summer events in Monterey, CA that you’ll want to experience.
4th of July Events | July 4th
Ring in Independence day California style! Monterey and the surrounding towns all have their own unique way to celebrate the holiday, including 4th of July in the Park held in San Lorenzo park.
Have you ever wanted to plan a trip to Baltimore, but weren’t sure what you should do and see? Well, we’ve made things easy for you! Use this Select Registry guide to Baltimore Inner Harbor Attractions to start planning your getaway today!
1.Federal Hill Park
This Baltimore landmark is the ideal place to begin your explorations. Once used a look-out post during the Civil War and the War of 1812, Federal Hill gives you the best views of the entire Inner Harbor area of the city. The land has been a public park since 1879 and was named after the celebrations following the ratification of the U.S. Constitution. Federal Hill Park is the perfect location to soak in some of the city’s history and enjoy fantastic views.
After our stay in Connecticut we journeyed about an hour northeastward to Providence, Rhode Island. Just across the border from Stonington, the state of Massachusetts was our next stop at the beautiful Historic Jacob Hill Inn. Eleonora was waiting to greet us that afternoon.
Right from the beginning the hospitality was five star. Eleonora helped us with our bags as we were shown to our room, the Boston Suite. This room was bright an airy with plenty of afternoon sunlight. There was a fireplace and a two person Jacuzzi in the bathroom.
Ohio is a state rich in locations for outdoor adventures. Coschocton County, about an hour and a half east of Columbus is an especially good destination for hunters and wildlife enthusiasts. In Coshocton County is Woodbury Wildlife Area, a paradise for visitors who want to hunt, fish, hike and enjoy the beauty of the Ohio wilderness. And after a day of roughing it, choose a Ohio bed and breakfast to pamper yourself in the evenings. You can have the best of both worlds during a getaway to Woodbury Wildlife Area.