- Top Three Things To Do In Napa Valley Other Than Wine
- 5 of The Most Romantic Things to Do in Vermont
- Everything You Need To Know About The Chautauqua Institution
- 4 of the Most Beautiful Events at the Sonnenberg Gardens
- 3 Ways To Celebrate The Natchez Tricentennial
- Get Inspired at The Philadelphia Museum of Art
- Vote For Select Registry’s USA TODAY 10Best Nominees
- How to Explore The Beautiful Emlen Physick Estate
- Have a Day of Fun at The Jackson Zoo
- The Best National Parks in the USA to Celebrate 100 Years
- Everything You Need to Know About The Historic Rossetter House Museum
- 5 of The Best Romantic Things to Do in North Carolina
- The Mystic Aquarium: What You Need to Know
- Why You Need to See Thomas Jefferson’s Monticello
- 5 of the Most Unique Things to Do in Marshall, MI
- You Need to See these New Mexico Attractions
- How to Explore Grounds For Sculpture
- 8 of the Best Historic Bed and Breakfasts in California
- 6 of the Most Romantic Things to do in Georgia This Weekend
- 6 of the Best Things to Do in the Shenandoah Valley
- Why are the Ladew Topiary Gardens So Famous?
- 9 of the Most Romantic Things to Do in Massachusetts
- 10 Best Restaurants in Atlanta
- Relive The Best Moments At The Baseball Hall Of Fame
- 10 Popular Things to Do in Sedona AZ
- Best Cities To See The Total Eclipse Of The Sun
- Outdoor Lovers: 4 Things To Do In West Virginia
- 8 Gazebos Perfect For Romantic Getaways
- Most Impressive Lighthouses In Florida
- The Top 3 Reasons To Take A Colorado Vacation
- Shop, Dine & See: 3 Things To Do In Missouri
- Best Cities in North Carolina For Each Season
- 3 Luxurious Things To Do In Newport, RI
- 3 Things To Do In Wisconsin For Cheese Lovers
- 5 Oklahoma Parks Worth Wearing Bug Spray For
- Bed and Breakfast
- British Columbia
- Festivals and Events
- Holiday Lodging
- National Parks
- New Hampshire
- New Jersey
- New Mexico
- New York
- North Carolina
- Nova Scotia
- Rhode Island
- Road Trips
- Romantic Getaways
- South Carolina
- Things to Do
- Travel and Tourism
- Vacation of a Lifetime
- Vacation Tips
- Washington D.C.
- West Virginia
Monthly Archives: May 2014
Warm weather has finally arrived and with it, your summer vacation! When planning your getaway, it can be difficult determining where you would like to go. Mount Storm Lake WV offers visitors a place to swim, speed on a boat, sail in the warm summer breeze, kayak around the waters edge, Jet Ski, or just relax on the banks! Located in the rugged Allegheny Mountains of northeastern West Virginia, the lake offers a picturesque view of some of the best scenery in the east. The 1,200-acre lake, built to serve the power station, is open to the public for recreation. The lake is 3,100 feet elevation above sea level and expands across 3,244 feet of land.
When you hear someone mention the state of Washington, you might think of rainy weather or the city of Seattle. However, the state of Washington has more to offer than just wet weather. Wildlife enthusiasts will be in awe at the McNary National Wildlife Refuge, which extends along the east bank of the Columbia River in southeastern Washington. The refuge welcomes migratory birds, native plants, and human visitors alike, to come and enjoy the beautiful nature of Washington.
When someone mentions a seaport, you might immediately imagine a beautiful sunset on the horizon with boat sails casting shadows on the water or mouthwatering seafood freshly caught the morning of. Whatever might come to your attention, one of the best places to visit is Mystic Seaport CT. Visitors of Mystic Seaport get to experience the landscape, sailing around on a cruise or strolling through a world-renowned maritime museum, featuring exhibit halls and historical interpreters. This maritime favorite is guaranteed to make your vacation to Connecticut an unforgettable one.
The following is a blog post from Select Registry Vacation of a Lifetime winner Michele Chandler. Here is the original publication.
I was lucky to be able to squeeze in a quick 5-day trip with my friend Bev just before Easter.
We set our course for upstate NY and southern Vermont, hoping for the first blast of spring to welcome us in the highlands and mountains. As we approached Cooperstown from the north, wind-whipped snow-covered fields prevailed with icy road conditions. Mother Nature was not going to let winter go gently into the night.
If you enjoy 85-degree weather, sand between your toes, and the salty ocean breeze, now is the time to plan your Pacific coast highway road trip! Don’t know where to start? Find San Francisco, California on the map and start heading south down the gorgeous Pacific coastline. If you need more reasons than the fantastic weather and the gorgeous beaches to convince you to take the trip of a lifetime, then you’re in luck. Here are numerous other reasons to take a Pacific coast highway road trip!
Things to See and Do along the Pacific Coast
Sometimes called the “Song and Soul of the South”, Macon, GA has friendly people, fantastic food, history, and fun things for everyone! The things to do in Macon, GA are endless. You can hike through the ancient Indian mounds or experience the state’s largest collection of African American art. Stroll down wide avenues lined with art galleries, boutiques, and architecture or sample delicious food. As you plan your trip, put a few of these things to do in Macon, GA on your itinerary!
St. Joseph’s Catholic Church
With summer right around the corner, planning a vacation is probably at the top of your to-do list. Escaping to Jackson Hole for you trip will make your retreat a relaxing and memorable one. Summertime in Jackson Hole offers endless activities from golfing on the fairway to horseback riding through the wilderness. We don’t want you to be overwhelmed by the many choices that you have, so here is a list of the best summer things to do in Jackson Hole, Wyoming!
What’s your idea of a perfect Midwest vacation? Exploring state parks and breathing in the fresh air? Canoeing around an island or sitting in a plush chair at the water’s edge with a stack of intriguing books? Or do see yourself touring the historical sites of Door County? With more than 300 miles of impressive shoreline, five splendid state parks and several historical sites, Door County Wisconsin is a wonderful place to enjoy your summer. Below is information on many of Door County Wisconsin’s best tourism sites and the great Wisconsin bed and breakfasts you can enjoy.
When you think about Western New York, where does your mind immediately shift? If you are one who typically has food and drink on your brain, then maybe Mighty Taco, chicken wings, birch beer, or Loganberry come to mind (as well they should!). Perhaps you are a person who quickly remembers natural beauty, in which case Niagara Falls could come crashing to your brain. Often times, though, it’s the not-as-popular restaurants or landmarks that can leave the longest impression. Take a look at some of these Western New York attractions that you might not know about but that you would be sure to remember if you get the chance to experience.
Did you know that the state of Oregon is a world-class wine region with 17 approved winegrowing regions and more than 540 wineries? Since you probably don’t have time to read about 540 Oregon wineries, we wanted to narrow the search down a bit and tell you a about the wineries in McMinnville, Oregon. But before we do that, let’s learn a little bit about the city.