- Your Guide to the Most Romantic Things To Do in Virginia
- Everything You Need to Know About Kittatinny Valley State Park
- Some of the Best Exhibits at the Hagerstown Roundhouse Museum
- Why You Need to Visit the Mississippi Petrified Forest
- Select Registry and TripAdvisor Recognize 290 Select Properties
- A Dozen Hidden Travel Gems In Michigan
- The Top 3 Things To Do In Napa Valley If You Don’t Like Wine
- 5 of The Most Romantic Things to Do in Vermont
- Everything You Need To Know About The Chautauqua Institution
- 4 of the Most Beautiful Events at the Sonnenberg Gardens
- 3 Ways To Celebrate The Natchez Tricentennial
- Get Inspired at The Philadelphia Museum of Art
- Vote For Select Registry’s USA TODAY 10Best Nominees
- How to Explore The Beautiful Emlen Physick Estate
- Have a Day of Fun at The Jackson Zoo
- The Best National Parks in the USA to Celebrate 100 Years
- Everything You Need to Know About The Historic Rossetter House Museum
- 5 of The Best Romantic Things to Do in North Carolina
- The Mystic Aquarium: What You Need to Know
- Why You Need to See Thomas Jefferson’s Monticello
- 5 of the Most Unique Things to Do in Marshall, MI
- You Need to See these New Mexico Attractions
- How to Explore Grounds For Sculpture
- 8 of the Best Historic Bed and Breakfasts in California
- 6 of the Most Romantic Things to do in Georgia This Weekend
- 6 of the Best Things to Do in the Shenandoah Valley
- Why are the Ladew Topiary Gardens So Famous?
- 9 of the Most Romantic Things to Do in Massachusetts
- 10 Best Restaurants in Atlanta
- Relive The Best Moments At The Baseball Hall Of Fame
- 10 Popular Things to Do in Sedona AZ
- Best Cities To See The Total Eclipse Of The Sun
- Outdoor Lovers: 4 Things To Do In West Virginia
- 8 Gazebos Perfect For Romantic Getaways
- Most Impressive Lighthouses In Florida
- Bed and Breakfast
- British Columbia
- Festivals and Events
- Holiday Lodging
- National Parks
- New Hampshire
- New Jersey
- New Mexico
- New York
- North Carolina
- Nova Scotia
- Rhode Island
- Road Trips
- Romantic Getaways
- South Carolina
- Things to Do
- Travel and Tourism
- Vacation of a Lifetime
- Vacation Tips
- Washington D.C.
- West Virginia
Monthly Archives: April 2014
The Pocono Mountains region is a true gem located in northeastern Pennsylvania that overlooks the charming Delaware Valley. Tourists have been flocking to the region for years, taking advantage of the tremendous scenery. Outdoors enthusiasts can get their adrenaline fill in a variety of ways, while others can tap into their competitive nature by playing a round of golf or testing their luck at the casino. The area really has something fun for the whole family to enjoy, which is why you should make a trip to the Pocono Mountains this summer.
Summer time is almost here, and taking a trip to the Pacific Northwest should be at the top of your mind when beginning to plan your vacation. Parts of the area are right on the water and others contain massive mountains and other varied terrain. This means you can relax in the sun, partake in some water sports, go for a hike, or take a bike trip. The possibilities are seemingly endless when looking for vacation ideas in the area. We have decided to help that process for you, though, and have created a list of 7 Pacific Northwest vacation ideas that we think you will like. In addition, the best part of each vacation idea is that it involves staying at a Select Registry inn.
By taking a trip to Mt. Washington New Hampshire you will be visiting the highest peak in the Northeastern part of the United States. Heading there this summer is highly advisable, as well, since the summer months of June, July, and August are the only three months of the year when the average temperature is above 50 degrees. This can provide the perfect climate for folks looking to escape the extreme heat. Not only can you enjoy the brisk temperatures during summer, but you will also be able to go for a hike or explore the mountain on an ATV. You can also take your adventure to the water with a cruise on Lake Winnipesaukee. Here are some more details about how to have fun at Mt. Washington New Hampshire this summer.
If you are a wine lover anywhere on the continent, it is imperative that you make a point to attend the 2014 edition of Sonoma Wine Country Weekend. For three days on August 29-31, you will experience the absolute best wine and food that Sonoma has to offer. More than 200 of Sonoma’s finest winemakers and a gathering of the area’s best chefs are getting together to provide attendees with a weekend their palate won’t soon forget. Not only will the weekend be a delicious delight, but Sonoma Wine Country Weekend doubles as the largest fundraising event in the area. Since the event first began, more than $12 million has been raised to help benefit the future of Sonoma County. So why does the event typically sell out and why do people come in droves? Here is the weekend schedule that will give you a better idea.
Nearly three million people a year come to Yellowstone National Park, making it the fourth-most visited national park in the country (trailing just Great Smoky Mountain, the Grand Canyon, and Yosemite). Home to the majority of the world’s geysers, most notably Old Faithful, and a wide array of wildlife, there is no surprise as to why so many people come visit this mountain wonderland year after year. But how did it get to this point where the masses flock to the park every year? Here is a brief lesson on Yellowstone National Park history that will give you more insight on the country’s first national park.
Raise your hand if you’ve heard of Conway, SC. Unless you live relatively close, chances are you aren’t familiar with the city. Now, raise your hand if you’ve heard of Myrtle Beach. We’d suspect that many more people know that Myrtle Beach is a city on the coast of South Carolina. Well, if you know where Myrtle Beach is on a map, just look slightly west, and you’ll see Conway – a town of just over 16,000 people. Whereas Myrtle Beach caters to tourists with the beautiful beaches, an abundance of restaurants, and all kinds of attractions, Conway has a very different feel. Instead of fighting the crowds and getting lost in the sea of people on your next trip, hang out in downtown Conway, SC, instead and experience true Southern hospitality.
Perhaps when you first hear Central Missouri as a travel destination, your ears won’t perk up much. Well, we’ve established this list of 9 fun things to do in Central Missouri that should make you eager to start planning your vacation. This area of the country boasts many outdoor adventure opportunities, the state’s largest university, and the capital city. Central Missouri is a great place to escape the face-paced life in the big city and spend some time relaxing. But as the Show-Me State nickname demands, we don’t want to just tell you that Central Missouri is awesome. We want to show you our list, so without further ado, here it is!
The Oregon Coast is one of the most wonderful places to visit, as you can see more than 360 miles of coastline that look out upon the Pacific Ocean. Up and down the coast, you will get to travel through several different terrains, including some areas lined with cliffs and others centered around sandy dunes. While you’re taking in all of the perfect natural scenery, make sure you also take some time to visit the following Oregon Coast attractions. You won’t want to miss them!
Cape Cod is at the eastern edge of Massachusetts and provides the perfect summer getaway year after year for its guests. Why do folks flock here? Temperatures in the mid-70s and water in every direction certainly don’t hurt. The reasons to visit this part of the country are endless, but here are 10 Cape Cod attractions worth checking out when you make your trip.
1. Shining Sea Bikeway – Falmouth
The Shining Sea Bikeway travels more than 10 miles of beautiful scenery in Cape Cod. You will travel from the Woods Hole Ferry terminal to North Falmouth, experiencing gorgeous views.
Seattle has an unmistakable cityscape and has been called home to many of the most entrepreneurial minds in this country’s recent history. Whether you do your online shopping on Amazon, drink your morning coffee at Starbucks, or purchase your computer software from Microsoft, you are doing business with a Seattle-based company. So what makes Seattle so appealing for the leaders of these companies to settle down in the Emerald City? Well, we have developed a list of some of the best things to do in Seattle, Washington when you take your visit. Once you’re there and partake in these activities, you will be able to see for yourself.