- 5 of The Most Romantic Things to Do in Vermont
- Everything You Need To Know About The Chautauqua Institution
- 4 of the Most Beautiful Events at the Sonnenberg Gardens
- 3 Ways To Celebrate The Natchez Tricentennial
- Get Inspired at The Philadelphia Museum of Art
- Vote For Select Registry’s USA TODAY 10Best Nominees
- How to Explore The Beautiful Emlen Physick Estate
- Have a Day of Fun at The Jackson Zoo
- The Best National Parks in the USA to Celebrate 100 Years
- Everything You Need to Know About The Historic Rossetter House Museum
- 5 of The Best Romantic Things to Do in North Carolina
- The Mystic Aquarium: What You Need to Know
- Why You Need to See Thomas Jefferson’s Monticello
- 5 of the Most Unique Things to Do in Marshall, MI
- You Need to See these New Mexico Attractions
- How to Explore Grounds For Sculpture
- 8 of the Best Historic Bed and Breakfasts in California
- 6 of the Most Romantic Things to do in Georgia This Weekend
- 6 of the Best Things to Do in the Shenandoah Valley
- Why are the Ladew Topiary Gardens So Famous?
- 9 of the Most Romantic Things to Do in Massachusetts
- 10 Best Restaurants in Atlanta
- Relive The Best Moments At The Baseball Hall Of Fame
- 10 Popular Things to Do in Sedona AZ
- Best Cities To See The Total Eclipse Of The Sun
- Outdoor Lovers: 4 Things To Do In West Virginia
- 8 Gazebos Perfect For Romantic Getaways
- Most Impressive Lighthouses In Florida
- The Top 3 Reasons To Take A Colorado Vacation
- Shop, Dine & See: 3 Things To Do In Missouri
- Best Cities in North Carolina For Each Season
- 3 Luxurious Things To Do In Newport, RI
- 3 Things To Do In Wisconsin For Cheese Lovers
- 5 Oklahoma Parks Worth Wearing Bug Spray For
- 6 Things To Do In Tennessee For Nature Lovers
- Bed and Breakfast
- British Columbia
- Festivals and Events
- Holiday Lodging
- National Parks
- New Hampshire
- New Jersey
- New Mexico
- New York
- North Carolina
- Nova Scotia
- Rhode Island
- Road Trips
- Romantic Getaways
- South Carolina
- Things to Do
- Travel and Tourism
- Vacation of a Lifetime
- Vacation Tips
- Washington D.C.
- West Virginia
Monthly Archives: March 2014
After the Louisiana Purchase in 1803, President Thomas Jefferson sent Meriwether Lewis and William Clark out with a group to discover the west. Beginning at the Illinois/Missouri border and ending at the mouth of the Columbia River in Northwest Oregon, Lewis and Clark led the Corps of Discovery on a two-year expedition from 1804-1806. The path they blazed is now protected and governed by the National Park Service. When you follow the trail, which is not entirely suitable for hiking these days, you will come across the town of Dayton, Washington. There you will find a 37-acre park named after the brave expeditionists. At the Lewis and Clark Trail State Park, you can channel your inner explorer and find adventure in a myriad of ways, just like the famous duo did centuries ago.
A trip to Nova Scotia means you will be spending time in the second-smallest province in Canada. Despite its size, nearly a million people call it home – and for good reason. Almost entirely surrounded by water, Nova Scotia possesses some of the most breathtaking scenery in North America. Ranging from Cape Breton Island in the northeast all the way to Yarmouth in the southwest, the province has a ton to offer. Here are just a few tidbits regarding the Nova Scotia tourism scene that you will find handy during your vacation.
Often times a debate stems from whether or not a photographer should be shooting with a Nikon or a Canon. Which camera is the best value for the money? Which one is compatible with the better quality lenses? Which one has the best combination of megapixels, sensor size, noise reduction, and ISO levels? The conversation can go on for hours with brand loyalists refusing to back down. Fortunately, there is no debate regarding the magnificence of the many Washington lighthouses. That means you can bring whatever camera you want and still be in awe while you are taking your photos. Here are a few that we think you should check out next time you visit The Evergreen State.
Rehoboth Beach is a small town on the coast of Delaware with just over 1,300 people comprising the entire population. Known as a resort town, the amount of people in Rehoboth Beach during peak vacation times can skyrocket to more than 25,000 people. What does that tell us? The increase tells us that Rehoboth Beach is a place you definitely want to visit! With that many people visiting, there have to be several worthwhile activities in and around the town. The list is quite extensive, but here are 7 things to do in Rehoboth Beach this summer.
Florida is a popular spot for vacationers year after year, and it is no surprise as to why. Beautiful beaches line nearly the entire perimeter of the state. Disney World’s fun-loving parks are situated centrally in Orlando. Spring training baseball gives the sports fan a reason to escape the cold and venture into the sun. South Beach is, well, South Beach. The reasons to visit Florida are endless, including this excellent idea we have for you. Just get in your car and navigate the edge of the Atlantic Ocean by taking a road trip down Highway A1A.
Located very near the geographic center of the United States, Oklahoma City is also central to an eclectic mix of activity in the region. OKC may be known for its stockyards and oil production, but the city has a ton more to offer in terms of its culture, history, and beauty. There is much more than this list has to offer, but we have compiled 10 Oklahoma City tourist attractions that you will certainly enjoy. Here they are in alphabetical order.
Quick question – what is the capital of British Columbia? Did you guess Vancouver, which is the largest city in the province? If so, the answer you were looking for was actually Victoria! The capital city has a population of more than 80,000, while the metropolitan area exceeds 340,000 people. So many people call it home because there are plenty of things to do in Victoria, BC, ranging from relaxing on the lakes or beaches to going on a whale watching excursion. You can also take a trip to Victoria’s Inner Harbor, which will put you right by at Select Registry member in the Beaconsfield Inn. Be sure to stay there when you experience these activities in Victoria, BC.
Our vacation of a lifetime began at the Lafayette Inn in Easton, PA. We did not have to travel too far from home to visit this bed and breakfast – about 11 miles! We were greeted at the front desk by Val who checked us in. From there we went to our beautiful two-room suite. The main room had a queen size bed and a fireplace. Off of this room was a sitting room with a trundle bed. The balcony could be accessed from this room, but we didn’t get to utilize it due to the extremely cold weather.
Situated in the Pacific Northwest, Oregon is home to some of the coolest nature the country has to offer. Especially exciting is the more than 360 miles of coastline that borders the Pacific Ocean. One of the jewels of the state is the Oregon Coast Aquarium, which more than does its part to capture the beauty and preserve the nature of the region. Located just minutes away from the ocean on Yaquina Bay in Newport, Oregon, the Oregon Coast Aquarium is an absolute must-see for anyone visiting the western part of the state.
Established on February 26, 1929, Grand Teton National Park has been wowing visitors with its majestic peaks for more than 85 years. While the beauty is evident to anyone who lays their eyes on the mountains, it is also verified by the fact the park is one of the 10 most visited national parks in the U.S., averaging around 2.5 million visitors a year. You might ask, what do that many people do there on a yearly basis? Well, there is more than enough sightseeing to do at Grand Teton National Park, so here are some options for when you make your trip.