Many of us dream of romantic getaways. We research. We plan. We explore. But we never take that final and most important step of actually making the reservations. Now you have a few more reasons to make this year the year that you make your romantic dreams come true at one of the many Select Registry Inns.
It is no surprise to us that several of our inns were featured in Romantic Getaways Magazine’s February 2013 issue and BedandBreakfast.com’s Top 10 Most Romantic Inns 2013.
The Villas at Gervasi Vineyard in Canton, OH, was featured for its “Delectable Weekend of Chocolate Indulgence” in the February 2013 issue of Romantic Getaways Magazine. The 24-suite inn has made a name for itself with on-site winemaking from the growing of the grapes to serving the wine in the bistro or tasting bar. The Select Registry property also offers wine enthusiasts, whether amateur or experienced, wine classes from experienced wine educators. After all of that indulging guests are treated to luxury accommodations in one of the six villas, each with four suites. Amenities include a light continental breakfast delivered to each villa’s common area in a rustic wine box, heated Travertine limestone floors, and old-world style, handmade furnishings.
The following inns and packages were highlighted in the February 2013 issue of Romantic Getaways Magazine:
- The Camden Maine Stay Inn’s Spring Getaway Package. The Camden, ME, Inn offers visitors several packages in addition to the Spring Getaway Package that will enhance a romantic getaway to the historic and charming 8-room inn.
- The Friends Lake Inn’s Scenic Helicopter Tour. The Chestertown, NY inn offers visitors a restored inn in the Adirondack with several meals served daily in the 19th –century dining room. The package includes all of the standard amenities of the inn, as well as a 30 –minute helicopter ride to get a bird’s eye view of the beautiful Adirondack Mountains.
- The Winter Weekend Wine and Dine Package from the Harbor Light Inn. The Marblehead, MA, Inn’s tavern offers visitors a selection of adult beverages to help visitors forget the stresses of their daily lives and turn their focus to romance.
- The Lafayette Inn’s One Night Spring Fling Package. Visitors to the Inn in Easton, PA, have the option to include their pets in several of 18 guestrooms. In addition to the pre-planned package, visitors can also create their own customized package at the Lafayette to create the perfect romantic getaway to the Historic District.
It is no secret that Select Registry Inns offer more than just luxury accommodations. The inns are also known for their farm to table meals and delicious breakfasts. The recipes are so legendary that two were featured in the February 2013 issue of Romantic Getaways Magazine:
- Devonfield Country Inn’s Farmer’s Casserole – (Lee, MA)
- 1889 White Gate Inn & Cottages’ Festive Egg Squares – (Asheville, NC)
Each year Bed and Breakfast.com publishes their list of the Top 10 Romantic Inns of the year. This year, like many years in the past, Select Registry properties were featured. This year 3 Select Registry Inns were chosen:
- Island Cottage Oceanfront Villa Inn in Flagler Beach, FL was named one of the Top 10 Romantic Inns of 2013 by BedandBreakfast.com and then featured in a video on its local newspaper, the Palm Coast Observer, website. The Select Registry property known for its warmth and hospitality is part of a tiny Atlantic beachfront community. The inn has just six unique rooms to ensure quiet and privacy for all of its visitors. For added romance, visitors can choose to enhance their stay with the inn’s “3 Nights of Romance and Pampering” package, which includes a bouquet of fresh flowers, a dozen chocolate dipped strawberries, a single rose, rose petals and lit candles in your Jacuzzi tub, an Italian sparkling wine on ice, and a basket of pampering amenities in your room on arrival. A two hour side-by-side massage and facial, as well as a framed souvenir photo of the two of you, are also included in the package.
- For romance in the Appalachian Mountains, explore the 14 acres at the Inn at Riverbend in Pearisburg, VA. This inn was also named one of the Top 10 Romantic Inns of 2013 by BedandBreakfast.com, and it is easy to see why. The inn offers visitors breathtaking views of the mountains and the New River as well as Adirondack chairs to relax and take it all in. For added romance, two packages are available – Bubbles, Berries, and Blossoms Package and Inn-Dulgence Package. Both packages will make a romantic getaway even more memorable.
- For romantic ocean views of the North Atlantic, visit the Inn at Sunrise Point in Lincolnville, ME, which was also named one of the Top 10 Romantic Inns of 2013 by BedandBreakfast.com. The Inn’s Romance Package includes a two-hour sailing trip aboard a schooner. Romance will abound as the package also includes a bottle of champagne, strawberries and fine chocolates in your accommodations upon arrival, bubble bath, two 60-minute aromatherapy massage treatments in your room, fresh flowers and a secret gift upon departure.
For more information on any of these, or other Select Registry, romantic inns, visit SelectRegistry.com.