- Why You Need to See Thomas Jefferson’s Monticello
- 5 of the Most Unique Things to Do in Marshall, MI
- You Need to See these New Mexico Attractions
- How to Explore Grounds For Sculpture
- 8 of the Best Historic Bed and Breakfasts in California
- 6 of the Most Romantic Things to do in Georgia This Weekend
- 6 of the Best Things to Do in Shenandoah Valley
- Why are the Ladew Topiary Gardens So Famous?
- 9 of the Most Romantic Things to Do in Massachusetts
- 10 Best Restaurants in Atlanta
- Relive The Best Moments At The Baseball Hall Of Fame
- 10 Popular Things to Do in Sedona AZ
- Best Cities To See The Total Eclipse Of The Sun
- Outdoor Lovers: 4 Things To Do In West Virginia
- 8 Gazebos Perfect For Romantic Getaways
- Most Impressive Lighthouses In Florida
- Top 3 Reasons To Take A Colorado Vacation
- Shop, Dine & See: 3 Things To Do In Missouri
- Best Cities in North Carolina For Each Season
- 3 Luxurious Things To Do In Newport, RI
- 3 Things To Do In Wisconsin For Cheese Lovers
- 5 Oklahoma Parks Worth Wearing Bug Spray For
- 6 Things To Do In Tennessee For Nature Lovers
- 4 Beautiful Lighthouses in Michigan
- 5 Things To Do In Texas You Can’t Do Anywhere Else
- 4 of the Best Kid-Friendly Hotels in the US
- Best Lake Vacations in the US
- 9 Scenic Lighthouses in Maine
- Top 21 Places With Beautiful Flowers
- 4 Cities for Civil War History Buffs
- Best Pools To Escape To This Summer
- 11 Famous Places You’ve Seen on TV
- Most Beautiful Gardens in the US
- Best Places for Civil War History Buffs
- Best Historic Wedding Venues in the South
- Bed and Breakfast
- British Columbia
- Festivals and Events
- Holiday Lodging
- National Parks
- New Hampshire
- New Jersey
- New Mexico
- New York
- North Carolina
- Nova Scotia
- Rhode Island
- Road Trips
- Romantic Getaways
- South Carolina
- Things to Do
- Travel and Tourism
- Vacation of a Lifetime
- Vacation Tips
- Washington D.C.
- West Virginia
Monthly Archives: December 2013
With the release of the movie, “The Bucket List,” starring Jack Nicholson and Morgan Freeman, the popularity of creating a bucket list has grown. Generally, a bucket list is a list of things you want to do or places you want to go before you “kick the bucket.” This idea has inspired us here at Select Registry, getting us to think about some of the scenic inns that would be essential to add to our own list. While these certainly don’t complete the list, they make for a beautiful start.
Making Your Own Bucket List
What could be better than a wonderful inn where you can enjoy a couples getaway package that takes you away from the daily grind, even if just for one night? At Select Registry, we have created a short list of some of our favorite unique bed and breakfasts in California where you can enjoy a beautifully relaxing time in perfectly aesthetic settings.
The Groveland Hotel
There is nothing more wonderful than reuniting with the entire family on a vacation getaway where you can concentrate on each other in an intimate atmosphere. At Select Registry, we love to put together our recommendations, and this time we’ve chosen a few delightful Inns that we feel are just the right places for bringing your loved ones together:
At Select Registry, we pride ourselves on the exceptional listings of inns and bed & breakfasts we have acquired for discerning travelers looking for the best accommodations. As enormous fans of the state of Colorado, where you can find some of the most superb natural beauty in the world, we have targeted five inns that you’ll find cozy no matter what the season.
The Lodge at the Stanley Hotel
Sheldon Cooper from CBS’s Big Bang Theory loves trains. His love of trains has been the topic of several episodes of the hit television series. If your passion for trains outshines Sheldon’s then you will be excited to learn that several Select Registry inns are partnering with Lionel Trains for a Holiday promotion.
When visiting any of the participating inns, you will find a special Lionel Train under their tree, as well as Lionel Train ornaments on their tree. Once you see these delightful trains, you may decide you would like to have one in your home. All of the participating inns will have order forms available.
We all know what it is like to work the nine to five, get home and take care of the kids, and have the weekends for ferrying them about, doing the requisite shopping for the week, and all the household chores. Where in the mix is there time for you, let alone you and your significant other?
At Select Registry, we completely understand that it can be a hardship thinking about taking a vacation without your four-legged friend. And sometimes you may not even want to leave your pet, thus forgoing the chance to get away for some needed time off. As avid animal lovers, we are always excited when we come upon pet-friendly Inns, and in this spirit we’d like to recommend five of our favorites in the great state of Maine:
At Select Registry, we are always on the lookout for unique inns and bed & breakfasts that will bring you everything you need when it comes to a great getaway. With an eye to Texas, we want to bring a few special places to your attention, especially if you are looking for a beautiful back country experience that will bring you back to balance. Here are a few choices to consider when it comes to taking time out to find your inner peace:
Whether you are booking a romantic getaway or are going away for business, a small inn is often the best answer, as it provides an alluring sense of containment, peace, and luxury. We have decided to focus on just one bed & breakfast located in Rochester, New York. As our featured establishment in this article, we feel it represents what you can find in some of the great small boutique hotels in New York.
The Edward Harris House B&B Inn
My family has spent many evenings driving through various neighborhoods admiring Christmas decorations and holiday light displays at homes and businesses. We listen to holiday music and ooh and ahh at the lights and displays. It is easily one of my favorite family traditions.
We stay on the lookout for great displays and decorations. So I was very excited to see that several Select Registry Inns have been recognized for their efforts. Many innkeepers and their staffs put in many hours in the cold to put up elaborate light displays on the exteriors of their inns, while others spend hours planning and decorating their interior spaces.