- Why You Need to Visit McCarthy’s Wildlife Sanctuary
- 4 of the Best Restaurants near Santa Rosa, CA
- Some of the Best Tour Guides for Snorkeling in Key West
- How to Spend an Afternoon at the Baltimore National Aquarium
- 4 of the Best Annual Events at the Market Square in Pittsburgh
- The Most Interesting Exhibits at the Daytona Museum of Arts and Sciences
- The Best Places for Whale Watching in Northern California
- What Is the Pennsylvania National Fire Museum?
- Some of the Most Scenic Hikes in Washington State
- How to Spend an Afternoon at the Williamsburg Historic District
- 4 of the Best Features of Chimney Rock State Park
- Los Padres National Forest Is One of the Best Places to Explore
- What You’ll See at the Great Smoky Mountains National Park
- How to Plan a Trip to the St. Augustine Wild Reserve
- Spend a Day at the Daytona International Speedway
- 3 Beautiful Places for Northern Michigan Getaways
- Some of the Best Places to Go Skiing Near Denver, Colorado
- 3 of the Most Romantic Things to Do in New Jersey
- How to Find the Best Shopping in Charlotte, North Carolina
- Your Guide to the Most Romantic Things To Do in Virginia
- Everything You Need to Know About Kittatinny Valley State Park
- Some of the Best Exhibits at the Hagerstown Roundhouse Museum
- Why You Need to Visit the Mississippi Petrified Forest
- Select Registry and TripAdvisor Recognize 290 Select Properties
- A Dozen Hidden Travel Gems In Michigan
- The Top 3 Things To Do In Napa Valley If You Don’t Like Wine
- 5 of The Most Romantic Things to Do in Vermont
- Everything You Need To Know About The Chautauqua Institution
- 4 of the Most Beautiful Events at the Sonnenberg Gardens
- 3 Ways To Celebrate The Natchez Tricentennial
- Get Inspired at The Philadelphia Museum of Art
- Vote For Select Registry’s USA TODAY 10Best Nominees
- How to Explore The Beautiful Emlen Physick Estate
- Have a Day of Fun at The Jackson Zoo
- The Best National Parks in the USA to Celebrate 100 Years
- Bed and Breakfast
- British Columbia
- Festivals and Events
- Holiday Lodging
- National Parks
- New Hampshire
- New Jersey
- New Mexico
- New York
- North Carolina
- Nova Scotia
- Rhode Island
- Road Trips
- Romantic Getaways
- South Carolina
- Things to Do
- Travel and Tourism
- Vacation of a Lifetime
- Vacation Tips
- Washington D.C.
- West Virginia
Monthly Archives: November 2013
It should come as no surprise to loyal Select Registry travelers that there are Select Registry properties in 13 of the top 20 towns selected by readers of Travel and Leisure. We suspect there are inns in the majority of the 744 towns that were nominated via social media as well.
Editors at T+L found that the majority of the top towns have a history dating back at least a century. Other aspects of the towns make them unique and attractive to guests and residents.
Which cities made the top 20 and have Select Registry inns in town or nearby? Read on to find out.
With its breathtaking views and awe-inspiring terrain, Northern California is one of the top picks for holiday travel. From the cosmopolitan atmosphere of San Francisco to the wineries of the famed Napa Valley and from the beauty of the snow-capped Sierra Nevada Mountains to the wonders of Yosemite National Park, taking a family vacation in Northern California is one of the best ways to ignite your imagination and sense of adventure.
Your 50th wedding anniversary is a grand achievement, worthy of a celebration that goes beyond the ordinary. To arrive at such a landmark deserves a romantic getaway that surpasses the norm, and we at Select Registry have picked out a few destinations that we believe can fulfill every expectation.
Your 50th anniversary merits the utmost in luxury. This exquisite Arizona Inn has won many awards, including a listing as one of the Top 10 Inns by Forbes.com.
Traveling with the family can be a great pleasure, especially when you book a getaway at a great vacation spot where everyone can benefit from the activities and adventures. At Select Registry, we always have ideas for where to go, with exceptional inns and bed & breakfasts to stay in to make your holiday complete.
Here are our current top 9 recommendations that will give you some ideas of what you can find across the country:
Whether you are in the mood for a wintry scene or a warm breeze to blow all memories of the cold away, our listings for winter vacation destinations cover all the bases. Choose a cozy bed & breakfast where you have easy access to cross-country or downhill skiing or a luxurious inn where you can take long walks on a sun drenched beach. Whatever your preference, we have a wide array of exceptional listings that will transport you from your daily life into a world of dreams made real.
Select Registry is pleased to share that Los Poblanos Historic Inn and Farm was recently presented with a Trustees Emeritus Award for Excellence in the Stewardship of Historic Sites by the National Trust for Historic Preservation.
“Los Poblanos is a true gem for the community and for visitors from across the globe,” said Stephanie Meeks, president of the National Trust for Historic Preservation. “Its natural beauty and comfort — combined with its fascinating history and character — make it one of the most magnificent historic properties in the Southwest.”
When thinking about vacation getaway ideas for the entire family we are usually reminded of popular resorts that offer a gamut of activities under one roof. At Select Registry, we have decided to suggest some excellent alternatives that are slightly under the tourist radar. The short list below will give you a taste of something different, exceptional, and captivating for you and the kids:
Trout Point Lodge of Nova Scotia
This time of the year in the northern part of the United States and most of Canada, temperatures are dropping. By the first week of November, most residents of these areas have seen at least some snowfall and are digging out their winter clothing.
For the residents of these areas who are not ready to give up warmer temperatures, afternoons on the porch with a good book, the sun warming faces, and the carefree feelings of summer, we recommend taking a last minute getaway to a warmer climate. Hot Springs, Arkansas is clinging to the last bits of summer and invites visitors to take in all the city has to offer.
Simply put, the Select Registry Difference is a guarantee that you will enjoy top-notch service, quality accommodations and uncommon luxury whenever you stay at one of our inns.
We’ve all seen on television, or experienced ourselves, the stereotypical and disappointing bed and breakfast experience. There was an episode of “Everybody Loves Raymond” that centered on Ray and his wife Debra’s unpleasant stay at a bed and breakfast where they had to share a bathroom with other guests, their room was disappointing to say the least, and modern amenities were lacking.
As one of the most alluring states in the country, Colorado is known for astounding vistas and exceptional Southwestern hospitality. At Select Registry we find it hard to tear ourselves away from the beauty and majesty of the Rocky Mountains and the magnificence of outdoor settings designed to take one’s breath away. For just this reason, Colorado is one of the premier choices as a wedding locale. When it comes to creating magical memories, getting married with big nature as your backdrop is hard to beat. Here is a listing of all-inclusive resorts for weddings in Colorado, all of which are unbeatable when it comes to ensuring that your event is planned and executed with impeccable attention to detail and style.