- Some of the Best Things to Do in Sedona, AZ
- Everything You Need to Know About Forest Park in Oregon
- What Are the Best Things to Do at the Biltmore Estate?
- Why You Need to Visit McCarthy’s Wildlife Sanctuary
- 4 of the Best Restaurants near Santa Rosa, CA
- Some of the Best Tour Guides for Snorkeling in Key West
- How to Spend an Afternoon at the Baltimore National Aquarium
- 4 of the Best Annual Events at the Market Square in Pittsburgh
- The Most Interesting Exhibits at the Daytona Museum of Arts and Sciences
- The Best Places for Whale Watching in Northern California
- What Is the Pennsylvania National Fire Museum?
- Some of the Most Scenic Hikes in Washington State
- How to Spend an Afternoon at the Williamsburg Historic District
- 4 of the Best Features of Chimney Rock State Park
- Los Padres National Forest Is One of the Best Places to Explore
- What You’ll See at the Great Smoky Mountains National Park
- How to Plan a Trip to the St. Augustine Wild Reserve
- Spend a Day at the Daytona International Speedway
- 3 Beautiful Places for Northern Michigan Getaways
- Some of the Best Places to Go Skiing Near Denver, Colorado
- 3 of the Most Romantic Things to Do in New Jersey
- How to Find the Best Shopping in Charlotte, North Carolina
- Your Guide to the Most Romantic Things To Do in Virginia
- Everything You Need to Know About Kittatinny Valley State Park
- Some of the Best Exhibits at the Hagerstown Roundhouse Museum
- Why You Need to Visit the Mississippi Petrified Forest
- Select Registry and TripAdvisor Recognize 290 Select Properties
- A Dozen Hidden Travel Gems In Michigan
- The Top 3 Things To Do In Napa Valley If You Don’t Like Wine
- 5 of The Most Romantic Things to Do in Vermont
- Everything You Need To Know About The Chautauqua Institution
- 4 of the Most Beautiful Events at the Sonnenberg Gardens
- 3 Ways To Celebrate The Natchez Tricentennial
- Get Inspired at The Philadelphia Museum of Art
- Vote For Select Registry’s USA TODAY 10Best Nominees
- Bed and Breakfast
- British Columbia
- Festivals and Events
- Holiday Lodging
- National Parks
- New Hampshire
- New Jersey
- New Mexico
- New York
- North Carolina
- Nova Scotia
- Rhode Island
- Road Trips
- Romantic Getaways
- South Carolina
- Things to Do
- Travel and Tourism
- Vacation of a Lifetime
- Vacation Tips
- Washington D.C.
- West Virginia
Monthly Archives: October 2013
We’re sure we’re stating the obvious, but what better place is there to take a vacation getaway than in a luxury ocean front bed & breakfast in Florida? With Gulf Stream breezes, aquamarine water that soothes away all stresses and cares and service that is fit for a king and queen, you can’t do better than booking a few days at one of our member inns. Here are a few ideas on how to get fully pampered in the manner you deserve:
Windemere Inn by the Sea
Each year for the past four years, Bed and Breakfast inns across North America have celebrated the sacrifices of service men and women by participating in the Professional Association of Innkeepers International’s B&B for Vets promotion. This year is set to be just as successful with more than 250 inns. You can check the availability of rooms visiting the promotion’s webpage.
Select Registry’s Hope and Glory Inn is pairing some of Virginia’s top ten oyster chefs with fifteen of Virginia’s finest winemakers to create a not-to-be-missed event: the Virginia Wine and Oyster Classic. The event will be held November 2, 2013 from 11 a.m. to 5 p.m. at Hope and Glory Inn’s The Dog and Oyster Vineyard in Irvington, Virginia.
“It would be difficult to find a better pairing than that of two of life’s most sought after delicacies – oysters and wine”, according to organizer Dudley Patteson, owner of the Hope and Glory Inn and The Dog and Oyster Winery. “Classic guests will savor local oysters prepared by Virginia’s best chefs and relish Governor’s Cup Gold Medal winning wine in an authentic Chesapeake Bay vineyard setting”.
Pumpkins are one of the most obvious signs of Fall’s arrival. On the cold and dreary days that are sure to come, celebrate fall by making delicious pumpkin treats. The house filling with the fragrance of freshly roasted pumpkins and traditional spices will quickly make you forget about the dreary weather outside.
Commercial pumpkin growers in Illinois, the top pumpkin producing state, are reporting a bumper crop of both decorative and cooking pumpkins. With pumpkin so readily available this year, it is a perfect year to try your hand at cooking and baking with pumpkin.
Now that winter is upon us, it is time to think about a warm place to spend your vacation getaway. What better location than by the delicious Gulf Stream waters of Florida? Select Registry has a range of exceptional Florida bed & breakfasts to choose from, and here is a short list for couples who are looking for the best when it comes to a winter escape:
While our Vacation of a Lifetime grand prize winners were exploring the Lone Star State, runners-up Roger and Mary Coe used their Select Registry gift certificate for an autumn trip to coastal Maine.
Our timing was perfect for another wonderful stay at the Blue Hill Inn, a charming B&B in the seaside village of Blue Hill, Maine. The fall colors of the trees painted the hills with a kaleidoscope of colors which was illuminated by the sun and blended by a gentle breeze.
One of our favorite places in the U.S. is the famous Red Rocks of Sedona, in Arizona. We at Select Registry always make a special note of the wonderful bed & breakfasts there, in hope that travelers will make time to visit this astounding location at least once in their lives.
Captivating in Ways You Could Never Imagine
Whether you are interested in history, archaeology, arts and culture, or spiritual pursuits, Sedona is a place that will captivate you in ways that you never could imagine without being there in the flesh. Located in the exquisite Verde Valley, the red sandstone formations appear to glow in brilliant oranges and reds, especially when you catch them at sunset or sunrise.
With so many visitors coming to the state of Washington, D.C., we at Select Registry are proud to represent a few of the most desirable locations to hang your hat. Here is our short list of favorites that are ideal for any type of travel need, providing guests with the ultimate in hospitality, comfort, and convenience.
Located in one of the most beautiful parts of Historic Dupont Circle only 12 blocks from the White House, this grand 1883 Richardson Romanesque mansion sits on a tree lined avenue just minutes away from museums, art galleries, antique stores, great restaurants, and so much more.
Unprecedented flooding ravaged the Front Range in Colorado beginning September 9, 2013. Record rainfall washed out roads; damaged and destroyed homes, buildings and businesses; and pushed drainage and sewage systems to their breaking points.
The waters are steadily draining, and residents of Colorado are fighting to repair and rebuild their beautiful state. Washed out roads are being reconstructed. Damaged buildings are getting repaired. Landscapes are being recreated. And the countryside is being cleaned to its previous splendor.
We recently checked in with the five Select Registry inns in Colorado to see how they are dealing with the floods and aftermath.