- 5 of The Most Romantic Things to Do in Vermont
- Everything You Need To Know About The Chautauqua Institution
- 4 of the Most Beautiful Events at the Sonnenberg Gardens
- 3 Ways To Celebrate The Natchez Tricentennial
- Get Inspired at The Philadelphia Museum of Art
- Vote For Select Registry’s USA TODAY 10Best Nominees
- How to Explore The Beautiful Emlen Physick Estate
- Have a Day of Fun at The Jackson Zoo
- The Best National Parks in the USA to Celebrate 100 Years
- Everything You Need to Know About The Historic Rossetter House Museum
- 5 of The Best Romantic Things to Do in North Carolina
- The Mystic Aquarium: What You Need to Know
- Why You Need to See Thomas Jefferson’s Monticello
- 5 of the Most Unique Things to Do in Marshall, MI
- You Need to See these New Mexico Attractions
- How to Explore Grounds For Sculpture
- 8 of the Best Historic Bed and Breakfasts in California
- 6 of the Most Romantic Things to do in Georgia This Weekend
- 6 of the Best Things to Do in the Shenandoah Valley
- Why are the Ladew Topiary Gardens So Famous?
- 9 of the Most Romantic Things to Do in Massachusetts
- 10 Best Restaurants in Atlanta
- Relive The Best Moments At The Baseball Hall Of Fame
- 10 Popular Things to Do in Sedona AZ
- Best Cities To See The Total Eclipse Of The Sun
- Outdoor Lovers: 4 Things To Do In West Virginia
- 8 Gazebos Perfect For Romantic Getaways
- Most Impressive Lighthouses In Florida
- The Top 3 Reasons To Take A Colorado Vacation
- Shop, Dine & See: 3 Things To Do In Missouri
- Best Cities in North Carolina For Each Season
- 3 Luxurious Things To Do In Newport, RI
- 3 Things To Do In Wisconsin For Cheese Lovers
- 5 Oklahoma Parks Worth Wearing Bug Spray For
- 6 Things To Do In Tennessee For Nature Lovers
- Bed and Breakfast
- British Columbia
- Festivals and Events
- Holiday Lodging
- National Parks
- New Hampshire
- New Jersey
- New Mexico
- New York
- North Carolina
- Nova Scotia
- Rhode Island
- Road Trips
- Romantic Getaways
- South Carolina
- Things to Do
- Travel and Tourism
- Vacation of a Lifetime
- Vacation Tips
- Washington D.C.
- West Virginia
Monthly Archives: September 2013
Getting away from it all means finding the perfect setting in which you can remove yourself from the cares of the world. At Select Registry, our mission is to provide you with a myriad of options that will captivate and lure you to just the right place where you can truly be yourself. Of course it is not essential that your dining experience happen within the walls of the inn or bed & breakfast that you choose, but it is certainly an extra bonus when one offers a restaurant that scintillates your taste buds. The following are just a few of our top choices for a culinary experience that will having you feeling like you’re eating grandma’s special dish.
You don’t have to be a millionaire to have a wedding that makes you and your guests feel like royalty. Our Select Registry Inns boast some of the most exceptional settings in which to take your vows and celebrate the event, with hospitality that matches the finest and grandest hotels in the nation. Below you will find just a few selections that will help you create the right magic for your wedding, without having to break the bank.
The Iris Inn Bed & Breakfast
At Select Registry, we know that many of you are looking for the perfect romantic getaway for those moments when you need to reconnect with your loved one. We have decided to focus on New Hampshire b&b’s to bring you some of our favorite spots in this beautiful state.
Home Hill Country Inn
In Plainfield, New Hampshire on the edge of the Connecticut River on the border of Vermont, this Federal style Inn boasts gorgeous views from every angle. Enjoy the elegantly furnished rooms, top-notch service, and gracious hospitality that make Home Hill Country Inn a favorite for those looking for romance in a highly intimate setting.
The lovely bed and breakfasts of New Jersey offer travelers a wealth of different vacation options, perfect for stays ranging from a quick overnight getaway to a honeymoon, elopement, or anniversary package or even a longer retreat that allows you to profoundly relax and renew. Here are just a few of the remarkable properties chosen by Select Registry – each and every one with its own distinctive flavor and aesthetic to give you a unique and memorable stay any season of the year.
19th-Century Elegance in Cape May
Warren’s and my 35th anniversary was this September so we decided to head to the hill country of Texas for a long weekend. Although some of our friends were surprised that we would go for a vacation in our home state, the hill country is absolutely beautiful and made for a wonderful anniversary getaway.
We went first to Fredericksburg, TX, where there are delightful places to eat, neat antique shops, and many things to do. That afternoon we arrived at Rose Hill Manor, a luxurious bed and breakfast in a beautiful home just outside of Fredericksburg. Patti showed us to the roomy Green Suite, and we had time to sit on the porch and enjoy the view before dinner.
While all Select Registry inns provide exceptional service and accommodations, some have found a way to do that while maintaining green practices. Twenty-three Select Registry properties have been recognized as Green Leaders by TripAdvisor.
TripAdvisor ranks properties from bronze to platinum based on their green practices. Basic criteria includes having linen and towel reuse plans, tracking energy usage on a regular basis, recycling, and using energy efficient light bulbs.
With winter upon us, there is no better choice for a getaway than a sunny Florida oceanfront bed & breakfast. At Select Registry, we love to boast about our top choices for romantic, family, or business vacations, and these are some of best when it comes to reveling in sunshine, sand, and sea.
Elizabeth Pointe Lodge
Called the American Riviera, Santa Barbara, California is one of the truly beautiful places in the United States that you should not miss. At Select Registry, we are proud to represent two extraordinary bed & breakfasts that cater to those who are looking for a special getaway, far from the maddening crowd and close to what matters.
Simpson House Inn
This 1874 historic landmark Victorian estate is the only bed & breakfast in North America to receive the AAA Five Diamond Rating, and it is well deserved. With gardens that have also claimed the “Santa Barbara Beautiful” Award, this exquisite inn is absolutely one of a kind.