- Los Padres National Forest Is One of the Best Places to Explore
- What You’ll See at the Great Smoky Mountains National Park
- How to Plan a Trip to the St. Augustine Wild Reserve
- Spend a Day at the Daytona International Speedway
- 3 Beautiful Places for Northern Michigan Getaways
- Some of the Best Places to Go Skiing Near Denver, Colorado
- 3 of the Most Romantic Things to Do in New Jersey
- How to Find the Best Shopping in Charlotte, North Carolina
- Your Guide to the Most Romantic Things To Do in Virginia
- Everything You Need to Know About Kittatinny Valley State Park
- Some of the Best Exhibits at the Hagerstown Roundhouse Museum
- Why You Need to Visit the Mississippi Petrified Forest
- Select Registry and TripAdvisor Recognize 290 Select Properties
- A Dozen Hidden Travel Gems In Michigan
- The Top 3 Things To Do In Napa Valley If You Don’t Like Wine
- 5 of The Most Romantic Things to Do in Vermont
- Everything You Need To Know About The Chautauqua Institution
- 4 of the Most Beautiful Events at the Sonnenberg Gardens
- 3 Ways To Celebrate The Natchez Tricentennial
- Get Inspired at The Philadelphia Museum of Art
- Vote For Select Registry’s USA TODAY 10Best Nominees
- How to Explore The Beautiful Emlen Physick Estate
- Have a Day of Fun at The Jackson Zoo
- The Best National Parks in the USA to Celebrate 100 Years
- Everything You Need to Know About The Historic Rossetter House Museum
- 5 of The Best Romantic Things to Do in North Carolina
- The Mystic Aquarium: What You Need to Know
- Why You Need to See Thomas Jefferson’s Monticello
- 5 of the Most Unique Things to Do in Marshall, MI
- You Need to See these New Mexico Attractions
- How to Explore Grounds For Sculpture
- 9 of the Best Historic Bed and Breakfasts in California
- 6 of the Most Romantic Things to do in Georgia This Weekend
- 6 of the Best Things to Do in the Shenandoah Valley
- Why are the Ladew Topiary Gardens So Famous?
- Bed and Breakfast
- British Columbia
- Festivals and Events
- Holiday Lodging
- National Parks
- New Hampshire
- New Jersey
- New Mexico
- New York
- North Carolina
- Nova Scotia
- Rhode Island
- Road Trips
- Romantic Getaways
- South Carolina
- Things to Do
- Travel and Tourism
- Vacation of a Lifetime
- Vacation Tips
- Washington D.C.
- West Virginia
Monthly Archives: August 2013
Two Select Registry Inns Named Top 10 Hotels for Romance in TripAdvisor’s Travelers Choice 2013 Awards
Guests who have stayed at the Honor Mansion or Casa Laguna Inn & Spa won’t be surprised to learn that both inns were recently named to the list of Top 10 Hotels for Romance in TripAdvisor’s Travelers Choice 2013 Awards. Just like all Select Registry inns, Honor Mansion and Casa Laguna are exceptional inns who pride themselves on providing some of the best service and accommodations in North America, including helping couples with all of the romantic touches they seek for a great getaway.
With the end of summer fast approaching, Warren and I wanted to get one more trip in before September came and school bells again rang in my ears. We decided a quick trip to Chicago and Oak Park, Illinois, would be perfect.
After an extremely early flight (traveling can still be a bear even on a Vacation of a Lifetime), we arrived at O’Hare and took the train to downtown Chicago.
We had a wonderful two days doing all the touristy things there, and on Sunday morning we left Chicago to take the train to Harvey House Bed and Breakfast in Oak Park. The trip from Chicago took only 25 minutes and the Harvey House was just a hop, skip and a jump from the station.
It’s time to celebrate a summer of good travels with a photo contest. The #SelectPostcard Photo Contest starts August 15, and it’s your chance to show us what you love about staying “Select.”
Share your trip highlights and in turn, we’ll say “wish you were here” by entering you to win one of three Select Registry gift certificates, valid at any of our member inns or B&Bs across North America.
In addition to entering on Facebook, you can also submit photos through Twitter and Instagram – just include the hashtag #SelectPostcard in your tweet or post.
After a few whirlwind days spent exploring northern California, sipping wine over stunning views and even ziplining, we were down to just two more days of our Vacation of a Lifetime.
On Thursday we took the very winding Coleman Highway to the coast, with craggy rocks and surf that are very different from what I had seen in southern California. We explored the little town of Guerneville in the Russian River Valley and enjoyed the breathtaking scenery. Guerneville is home of Korbel California Champagne and we had a great tour learning about the history of the company and why champagne is champagne.
After a delicious buffet at the Wine Country Inn and a gift of their tasty granola, we packed up and continued exploring northern California. We stopped at Castello Di Amorosa, a modern day Tuscan castle that closely resembles those built in medieval Italy. The tour of the castle revealed a moat, amazing murals, thousands of barrels of wine, and even a torture chamber.
After exploring the neat little town of Calistoga, it was time to head to Healdsburg and check in at the Honor Mansion, a B&B in Sonoma wine country.
US News & World Report recently recognized what Select Registry and its travelers have known for years; there are some wonderful and unique inns across North America. And Select Registry inns are the best of the best.
Of course, there are Select Registry inns on their “Best of the Bunch” list. Select Registry quality inspects each and every inn to ensure guests that they will be staying in an inn that represents the quality and attention to detail that Select Registry travelers have come to expect.
So which Select Registry inns impressed US News & World Report?
Warren and I had been wanting to tour the wine country of California for several years so winning the Vacation of a Lifetime made 2013 the perfect year to do it. So, in mid-July, we hopped on a very early flight to San Francisco, rented a car, and headed to Napa. After driving across the Golden Gate Bridge, we stopped at Muir Woods and marveled at the height and beauty of the 1500 years old redwoods there.