- Your Guide to the Most Romantic Things To Do in Virginia
- Everything You Need to Know About Kittatinny Valley State Park
- Some of the Best Exhibits at the Hagerstown Roundhouse Museum
- Why You Need to Visit the Mississippi Petrified Forest
- Select Registry and TripAdvisor Recognize 290 Select Properties
- A Dozen Hidden Travel Gems In Michigan
- The Top 3 Things To Do In Napa Valley If You Don’t Like Wine
- 5 of The Most Romantic Things to Do in Vermont
- Everything You Need To Know About The Chautauqua Institution
- 4 of the Most Beautiful Events at the Sonnenberg Gardens
- 3 Ways To Celebrate The Natchez Tricentennial
- Get Inspired at The Philadelphia Museum of Art
- Vote For Select Registry’s USA TODAY 10Best Nominees
- How to Explore The Beautiful Emlen Physick Estate
- Have a Day of Fun at The Jackson Zoo
- The Best National Parks in the USA to Celebrate 100 Years
- Everything You Need to Know About The Historic Rossetter House Museum
- 5 of The Best Romantic Things to Do in North Carolina
- The Mystic Aquarium: What You Need to Know
- Why You Need to See Thomas Jefferson’s Monticello
- 5 of the Most Unique Things to Do in Marshall, MI
- You Need to See these New Mexico Attractions
- How to Explore Grounds For Sculpture
- 8 of the Best Historic Bed and Breakfasts in California
- 6 of the Most Romantic Things to do in Georgia This Weekend
- 6 of the Best Things to Do in the Shenandoah Valley
- Why are the Ladew Topiary Gardens So Famous?
- 9 of the Most Romantic Things to Do in Massachusetts
- 10 Best Restaurants in Atlanta
- Relive The Best Moments At The Baseball Hall Of Fame
- 10 Popular Things to Do in Sedona AZ
- Best Cities To See The Total Eclipse Of The Sun
- Outdoor Lovers: 4 Things To Do In West Virginia
- 8 Gazebos Perfect For Romantic Getaways
- Most Impressive Lighthouses In Florida
- Bed and Breakfast
- British Columbia
- Festivals and Events
- Holiday Lodging
- National Parks
- New Hampshire
- New Jersey
- New Mexico
- New York
- North Carolina
- Nova Scotia
- Rhode Island
- Road Trips
- Romantic Getaways
- South Carolina
- Things to Do
- Travel and Tourism
- Vacation of a Lifetime
- Vacation Tips
- Washington D.C.
- West Virginia
Monthly Archives: March 2013
Select Registry Executive Director Phil Jenkins recently announced Select Registry’s partnership with the Katie Caples Foundation for 2013. Select Registry prides itself on its continued commitment of giving back to the community from individual inns in their local communities to corporate support on a national scale.
David and Susan Caples, owner and innkeepers of Elizabeth Pointe Lodge in Amelia Island, Florida, started the foundation in 1998 after the loss of their daughter. Katie, at only 17 years old, became an organ donor following a tragic automobile accident. Many of us remember that very sad event. The amazing thing is that Katie provided the gift of life to five recipients (age 9 to 62) and enhanced the lives of dozens more because of her decision to register as an organ donor.
What a great way to start our Vacation of a Lifetime adventure! The Inn on Lake Granbury was just 50 miles away from our home in the Dallas / Ft. Worth area, but many miles away from the stress of everyday life — and we certainly needed some stress relief.
At Select Registry, we are proud of the many inns we represent, including those with the kind of exceptional wedding packages that any prospective bride and groom would expect. There are so many to choose from that we’ve decided to list just a few of our favorites below, along with several tips for planning the perfect luxury inn celebration.
Solidifying the Details
Once you’ve determined that you want to tie the knot in a beautiful luxury inn, the next step is to decide what it is you want out of your wedding ceremony. This is one of the most important occasions in your life, so you want to be sure that every detail comes out exactly the way you envision.
If you don’t live in or around Oklahoma, you may not realize what a wonderful, interesting, and diverse place it is. As the 46th State in the United States, it is known for farming, oil, and natural gas, and actually ranks forth in the nation for its production of wheat.
Native American Territory
It is always a privilege to honor the men and women of the armed forces, and there are many bed and breakfasts throughout the country that do just this. By offering complimentary accommodations on November 10th, the night before Veteran’s Day, inns are finding ways to thank both active and retired military personnel for their service.
Since 2008 proprietors have been showing their excitement to support by providing rooms and discounts on various activities such as spa services, dining, and more. Generally on a first come, first serve basis you can reserve a room for yourself and one guest to enjoy the privileges that come with a valid military or veteran’s I.D.
At Select Registry’s 2013 Annual Meeting, Newly Appointed Executive Director Phil Jenkins announced Lynnette Scofield of the William Henry Miller Inn, located in Ithaca, NY, as the Select Registry 2013 Innkeeper of the Year.
Lynnette was selected as the recipient based on her demonstration of service to her community, dedication to the private luxury inn industry, charitable interest and commitment to Select Registry. She was nominated by her fellow Select Registry innkeepers.
Many of us dream of romantic getaways. We research. We plan. We explore. But we never take that final and most important step of actually making the reservations. Now you have a few more reasons to make this year the year that you make your romantic dreams come true at one of the many Select Registry Inns.
It is no surprise to us that several of our inns were featured in Romantic Getaways Magazine’s February 2013 issue and BedandBreakfast.com’s Top 10 Most Romantic Inns 2013.
There are so many wonderful romantic bed and breakfasts throughout the country, that it is just too difficult to select only few. At Select Registry, we are constantly going through our ample roster of beautiful lodgings to bring you new examples of some of our foremost choices. Here is information on a few of Select Registry’s top-rated inns.
In Your Own Lovely Bubble
Reconnect with Your Family this Spring Break at a Select Registry Inn.
There is still time to make spring break plans. And while many families are headed off to crowded theme parks and over-crowded beaches, the Select Registry family of inns invite you to relax and reconnect with one another at a comfortable, welcoming bed and breakfast or luxury inn.
What better place to reconnect with your family than a quiet inn? Select Registry Inns offer guests common rooms with games and room to discuss what is going on in each others lives. They also offer gracious accommodations, unmatched hospitality and award winning breakfasts to start each day.
Spring has sprung and it’s time to clean out the closets, shake out the bugs, exchange the new for the old, remove the metaphorical mothballs, and reinvent yourself. Spring is the time to find the part of you you’ve lost if you miss it, shed the parts of you that no longer make sense, tell those you love that you love them, fall in love all over again, and give yourself the gifts you deserve.
Making the Best of Every Moment