1. The Mill Rose Inn is set amid luxuriant gardens on the coast of Half Moon Bay in California. An elegantly renovated old cottage, it is a lovely spot to relax and let go of the daily grind. The Pacific Ocean and redwood forests are a perfect combination for an excellent meditation spot.
2. The Allaire Timbers Inn in Breckenridge, Colorado offers clean Rocky Mountain air and breathtaking views. Situated on a high bluff, it offers a tranquil atmosphere especially suitable for meditation. It is a mountain retreat open all year round with special beauty throughout the year.
3. The Turtleback Farm Inn and Orchard House, Eastsound, Washington is located on Orcas Island in the San Juan Islands. Visitors find seclusion amid the beautiful scenery with several spots in the natural environment that are suitable for meditation. They also offer award winning breakfasts and many outdoor activities.
4. The Los Poblanos Historic Inn and Organic Farm is in Albuquerque, New Mexico. It occupies a National Register of Historic Places building, and has won several awards. The simple Santa Fe style of this inn is especially suitable for meditation. Everything, including the food, is natural and nurturing. It is surrounded by lavender fields and a formal garden.
5. The Snowbird Mountain Lodge, Robbinsville, North Carolina is located high in the Great Smokey Mountains on the border of the National Park. It is a secluded and rustic yet elegant setting perfect for a relaxing break from the city for meditation or outdoor mountain activities. They also offer award-winning gourmet cuisine.
6. Shore House at Lake Tahoe, Tahoe Vista, California is right on the shore of magnificent Lake Tahoe. Considered one of the most beautiful places in the country, the spectacular views of the lake and snow-capped mountains make this an awe-inspiring place for meditation. The guests start the day with a gourmet breakfast and a huge outdoor hot tub right on the lake.
7. The Blair Hill Inn at Moosehead in Greenville, Maine is on the shores of Moosehead Lake in the wilds of Northern Maine. One of the Most Romantic Inns in the U.S., it has won other awards too. The pristine beauty of the lake and vistas along with the fresh breezes, make this a premier meditation destination.
8. Stafford’s Bay View Inn at Petoskey, in northern Michigan is on the edge of Little Traverse Bay. It is close to many historical sites in the area and is famous for its fantastic sunsets. It offers a peaceful atmosphere for meditation as well as access to outdoor activities, shopping, and casinos.
9. From the mountains to the beach, the Island Cottage Oceanfront Villa Inn in Flagler Beach, Florida is right on the Atlantic shoreline. The fresh sea air is perfect for meditation, and, along with a gourmet breakfast, guests are treated to afternoon tea. With the surf just a step away, this secluded inn is surrounded by a state park and conservation area.
10. The White Doe Inn in Manteo, North Carolina on the shores of Shallowbag Bay on Roanoke Sound and is just minutes from the beaches at Nags Head. The water in the Sound is tranquil and provides a calming background for complete meditation.