After nearly two weeks on the road, we finally arrived in Santa Cruz, California. It was a relief to arrive safe and sound (somehow we avoided any major delays, wrong turns or mechanical issues with the 4-Runner), but we’re also a little disappointed that this amazing trip has come to an end. I think it really hit us when, instead of pulling up to a fabulous Select Registry bed and breakfast, we showed up to Amanda’s new humble abode to find two boxes on the front porch (her bed). Fast forward several hours (and a tour of the local Goodwills), and Amanda’s room was already looking complete with the bed, a dresser and shelf system all set up. After a few more hours of unpacking and organizing, the new place looks great!
Now that she’s settled in, we’ve had some time to reflect on the trip. We feel so incredibly fortunate to have had the opportunity to live like queens for a few weeks, thanks to Select Registry and all of the more-than-generous Innkeepers who hosted us along the journey. It’s really been the Vacation of a Lifetime. We’re already planning our next trips, places my husband and I must revisit, and telling friends about all the wonderful things we experienced. It’s so easy to get stuck in the rut of everyday life, and after this experience, Amanda and I can confidently say there’s just too many amazing places to visit in our great country to ever be content staying confined to your own backyard. In case you’re just tuning in… here’s a recap of some of our favorite memories from all the wonderful places we’ve been.
- Kicking the trip off with the Inn at Warner Hall‘s mouth-watering plated and served breakfast overlooking the Severn River.
- The first night in John Rutledge House Inn‘s luxurious bedding and the awesome shops and restaurants in downtown Charleston, SC.
- The 1842 Inn‘s incredible hospitality and divine italian cuisine in Macon, GA.
- The Fairview Inn, who treated us (and Sid) like celebrities for a night, and created a dessert just for us.
- The rustic charm of the Inn Above Onion Creek and their scenic hiking trails.
- Appreciating (and missing) the comfort of Select Registry inns on the one night we stayed in a roadside motel.
- Healthy living at El Farolito in Santa Fe, New Mexico.
- Breathtaking views at the Lodge at Sedona in Arizona.
- Feeling “small” at the Grand Canyon and hitting the strip in VEGAS!
- Chilling in the luxury pool at the Villa Royale in Palm Springs, CA.
- Drinking lemonade on the front porch of the Ballard Inn.
- Arriving in Capitola, CA where Amanda will begin her next awesome adventure!
We hope you’ve enjoyed following our Select Registry road trip — and don’t just take our word for how amazing these inns and places are… Grab a Guidebook, make a reservation and go experience for yourselves! Trust us — you won’t be disappointed.