- Los Padres National Forest Is One of the Best Places to Explore
- What You’ll See at the Great Smoky Mountains National Park
- How to Plan a Trip to the St. Augustine Wild Reserve
- Spend a Day at the Daytona International Speedway
- 3 Beautiful Places for Northern Michigan Getaways
- Some of the Best Places to Go Skiing Near Denver, Colorado
- 3 of the Most Romantic Things to Do in New Jersey
- How to Find the Best Shopping in Charlotte, North Carolina
- Your Guide to the Most Romantic Things To Do in Virginia
- Everything You Need to Know About Kittatinny Valley State Park
- Some of the Best Exhibits at the Hagerstown Roundhouse Museum
- Why You Need to Visit the Mississippi Petrified Forest
- Select Registry and TripAdvisor Recognize 290 Select Properties
- A Dozen Hidden Travel Gems In Michigan
- The Top 3 Things To Do In Napa Valley If You Don’t Like Wine
- 5 of The Most Romantic Things to Do in Vermont
- Everything You Need To Know About The Chautauqua Institution
- 4 of the Most Beautiful Events at the Sonnenberg Gardens
- 3 Ways To Celebrate The Natchez Tricentennial
- Get Inspired at The Philadelphia Museum of Art
- Vote For Select Registry’s USA TODAY 10Best Nominees
- How to Explore The Beautiful Emlen Physick Estate
- Have a Day of Fun at The Jackson Zoo
- The Best National Parks in the USA to Celebrate 100 Years
- Everything You Need to Know About The Historic Rossetter House Museum
- 5 of The Best Romantic Things to Do in North Carolina
- The Mystic Aquarium: What You Need to Know
- Why You Need to See Thomas Jefferson’s Monticello
- 5 of the Most Unique Things to Do in Marshall, MI
- You Need to See these New Mexico Attractions
- How to Explore Grounds For Sculpture
- 9 of the Best Historic Bed and Breakfasts in California
- 6 of the Most Romantic Things to do in Georgia This Weekend
- 6 of the Best Things to Do in the Shenandoah Valley
- Why are the Ladew Topiary Gardens So Famous?
- Bed and Breakfast
- British Columbia
- Festivals and Events
- Holiday Lodging
- National Parks
- New Hampshire
- New Jersey
- New Mexico
- New York
- North Carolina
- Nova Scotia
- Rhode Island
- Road Trips
- Romantic Getaways
- South Carolina
- Things to Do
- Travel and Tourism
- Vacation of a Lifetime
- Vacation Tips
- Washington D.C.
- West Virginia
Monthly Archives: November 2012
Every couple needs to get away and spend some time alone together. Whether you have been married for 40 years or are just settling in as man and wife, a healthy relationship will only get better if you take a romantic vacation, even if it is just for a couple of days.
November is National Philathropy Month and Select Registry inns and B&Bs across North America are doing their part in a variety of different ways.
The following inns and B&Bs are opening their doors to active and retired military personnel and veterans, plus a guest, during this year’s B&Bs for Vets campaign sponsored by the Professional Association of Innkeepers International (PAII). Service men and women will enjoy a free night and experience the Select Registry difference on Veterans Day, Sunday, November 11, 2012. It’s the innkeepers’ way of saying thank you for their service to our country.
The Verandas in Wilmington, North Carolina is a beautiful antebellum Victorian Italianate mansion that was built in 1854. The large, formal living room offers an elegant and intimate place for a wedding with old world charm and luxury. There are four wide verandas, an award-winning garden and reception area where guests can relax in graceful informality.
The rooms are large with comfortable beds and other furniture, original artwork and convenient, luxurious bathrooms. The gourmet breakfast includes fragrant French pressed coffee, several types of tea, local seasonal fruit and a hot entrée. The Verandas is the right place for a small wedding and reception amid the quiet, historical section of Wilmington.
The Shore House at Lake Tahoe in Tahoe Vista, California is an excellent choice for an all-inclusive getaway for any graduate. Situated on the shore of magnificent Lake Tahoe, it offers many mountain and water activities as well as being close to the State Line with Nevada and its casinos, restaurants and nightlife.
The inn is surrounded with snow-capped mountains and each room has a balcony or deck where visitors can relax with a cold beer and enjoy the view. Gourmet breakfast and wine and appetizers in the evenings are included.
1. The Mill Rose Inn is set amid luxuriant gardens on the coast of Half Moon Bay in California. An elegantly renovated old cottage, it is a lovely spot to relax and let go of the daily grind. The Pacific Ocean and redwood forests are a perfect combination for an excellent meditation spot.
2. The Allaire Timbers Inn in Breckenridge, Colorado offers clean Rocky Mountain air and breathtaking views. Situated on a high bluff, it offers a tranquil atmosphere especially suitable for meditation. It is a mountain retreat open all year round with special beauty throughout the year.
There is no better way to learn about our nation’s past, its government, and its culture than taking a vacation to the District of Columbia. This travel destination is one of the most popular in the country, and visitors can choose to stay at one of the many fine bed and breakfast lodgings in and around Washington, DC.
Summer is a particularly good season for visiting the nation’s capital, with pleasant weather and plenty of sunshine. Walking tours near the Washington Monument, Lincoln Memorial and Vietnam War memorial are informational as well as relaxing, and the Smithsonian Institute is a must for all visitors.