- Relive The Best Moments At The Baseball Hall Of Fame
- 10 Popular Things to Do in Sedona AZ
- Best Cities To See The Total Eclipse Of The Sun
- Outdoor Lovers: 4 Things To Do In West Virginia
- 8 Gazebos Perfect For Romantic Getaways
- Most Impressive Lighthouses In Florida
- Top 3 Reasons To Take A Colorado Vacation
- Shop, Dine & See: 3 Things To Do In Missouri
- Best Cities in North Carolina For Each Season
- 3 Luxurious Things To Do In Newport, RI
- 3 Things To Do In Wisconsin For Cheese Lovers
- 5 Oklahoma Parks Worth Wearing Bug Spray For
- 6 Things To Do In Tennessee For Nature Lovers
- 4 Beautiful Lighthouses in Michigan
- 5 Things To Do In Texas You Can’t Do Anywhere Else
- 4 of the Best Kid-Friendly Hotels in the US
- Best Lake Vacations in the US
- 9 Scenic Lighthouses in Maine
- Top 21 Places With Beautiful Flowers
- 4 Cities for Civil War History Buffs
- Best Pools To Escape To This Summer
- 11 Famous Places You’ve Seen on TV
- Most Beautiful Gardens in the US
- Best Places for Civil War History Buffs
- Best Historic Wedding Venues in the South
- How To Travel With Kids… or Without!
- 7 Historic Bed and Breakfasts in California
- 10 Ways Travel Benefits Kids
- 3 PA Family Vacations for Loving and Learning
- Best Vacation for Your Myers-Briggs Personality Type
- Best Places to Stargaze in the US
- 6 Animals for the Traveling Animal Lover
- Valentine’s Day Do’s and Don’ts
- Easy Christmas Decor Tips
- Gift Experiences, Not Things
- Bed and Breakfast
- British Columbia
- Festivals and Events
- Holiday Lodging
- National Parks
- New Hampshire
- New Jersey
- New Mexico
- New York
- North Carolina
- Nova Scotia
- Rhode Island
- Road Trips
- Romantic Getaways
- South Carolina
- Things to Do
- Travel and Tourism
- Vacation of a Lifetime
- Vacation Tips
- Washington D.C.
- West Virginia
Monthly Archives: November 2012
Every couple needs to get away and spend some time alone together. Whether you have been married for 40 years or are just settling in as man and wife, a healthy relationship will only get better if you take a romantic vacation, even if it is just for a couple of days.
November is National Philathropy Month and Select Registry inns and B&Bs across North America are doing their part in a variety of different ways.
The following inns and B&Bs are opening their doors to active and retired military personnel and veterans, plus a guest, during this year’s B&Bs for Vets campaign sponsored by the Professional Association of Innkeepers International (PAII). Service men and women will enjoy a free night and experience the Select Registry difference on Veterans Day, Sunday, November 11, 2012. It’s the innkeepers’ way of saying thank you for their service to our country.
The Verandas in Wilmington, North Carolina is a beautiful antebellum Victorian Italianate mansion that was built in 1854. The large, formal living room offers an elegant and intimate place for a wedding with old world charm and luxury. There are four wide verandas, an award-winning garden and reception area where guests can relax in graceful informality.
The rooms are large with comfortable beds and other furniture, original artwork and convenient, luxurious bathrooms. The gourmet breakfast includes fragrant French pressed coffee, several types of tea, local seasonal fruit and a hot entrée. The Verandas is the right place for a small wedding and reception amid the quiet, historical section of Wilmington.
The Shore House at Lake Tahoe in Tahoe Vista, California is an excellent choice for an all-inclusive getaway for any graduate. Situated on the shore of magnificent Lake Tahoe, it offers many mountain and water activities as well as being close to the State Line with Nevada and its casinos, restaurants and nightlife.
The inn is surrounded with snow-capped mountains and each room has a balcony or deck where visitors can relax with a cold beer and enjoy the view. Gourmet breakfast and wine and appetizers in the evenings are included.
1. The Mill Rose Inn is set amid luxuriant gardens on the coast of Half Moon Bay in California. An elegantly renovated old cottage, it is a lovely spot to relax and let go of the daily grind. The Pacific Ocean and redwood forests are a perfect combination for an excellent meditation spot.
2. The Allaire Timbers Inn in Breckenridge, Colorado offers clean Rocky Mountain air and breathtaking views. Situated on a high bluff, it offers a tranquil atmosphere especially suitable for meditation. It is a mountain retreat open all year round with special beauty throughout the year.
There is no better way to learn about our nation’s past, its government, and its culture than taking a vacation to the District of Columbia. This travel destination is one of the most popular in the country, and visitors can choose to stay at one of the many fine bed and breakfast lodgings in and around Washington, DC.
Summer is a particularly good season for visiting the nation’s capital, with pleasant weather and plenty of sunshine. Walking tours near the Washington Monument, Lincoln Memorial and Vietnam War memorial are informational as well as relaxing, and the Smithsonian Institute is a must for all visitors.