For the best in Southern hospitality, there is nothing like a bed and breakfast in Virginia, where they know how to do it best. Whether you need a weekend getaway or a weeklong respite from the daily grind, there are a number of exceptional inns that conspire to make you feel as pampered and relaxed as you deserve.
Goodstone Inn and Restaurant
A five star inn, the Goodstone Inn and Restaurant in gorgeous Middleburg, Virginia is the definition of a great B and B. Located on the outskirts of Loudoun County, this 265-acre estate boasts undulating pastures and picturesque woodlands that signify the essence of Northern Virginia’s horse and wine country.
Taking in the Scenery
With the Blue Ridge Mountains forming a magisterial background, the inn is comprised of six residences incorporating 18 impeccably appointed guestrooms and suites. Here you can relax in front of a fireplace in one of the sitting rooms, take in the scenery from an outdoor patio, enjoy a cat nap in a gently swinging hammock, or make yourself a snack in one of the fully equipped dine-in kitchens:
- The Manor House sits on top of a hill overlooking the estate where you will enjoy an elegant living room, large kitchen, game room, four beautifully decorated guestrooms, and never-ending panoramic views
- The Dutch Cottage boasts a full kitchen, a sitting room with a magnificent fireplace, and two guest rooms
- The Spring House, located behind gently rolling hills, offers a sitting room, a large kitchen, four guestrooms, and a two-story front porch
- The French Farm Cottage is hidden in meadowland and comes with a country kitchen, a great room, and three charming guestrooms
- The Bull Barn, with its single bedroom suite, has a beautiful library sitting area with a high wood beamed ceiling and inviting fireplace and also features a king size bed, large Jacuzzi tub, shower, and a private fenced-in garden
- The Carriage House with its elegant interior, includes four inviting and luxurious guestrooms
An Earlier Time With Modern Amenities
The inn speaks of an earlier time but includes modern amenities that allow for maximum comfort and a sense of ease. The gourmet restaurant boasts Chef William Walden’s unique and savory approach to modern American and French country cuisine, using the freshest ingredients found in the surrounding gardens as well as supplied by local farmers.
An Exclusive Dining Experience
An exclusive and expansive wine cellar with selections from all over the world makes each dining experience all the more special. And whether it is breakfast, brunch, lunch, poolside eating, or dinner, you will be treated to exceptional award-winning dishes designed to scintillate the palate.
Packages for Special Occasions
With exceptional hospitality and personalized service, the inn offers a variety of packages to choose from, including:
- A summer getaway with walks, tours, outdoor activities, poolside lounging, and spa amenities
- A lover’s getaway that brings out the romantic in you as you explore the local vineyards by limo and delight in candlelit gourmet dinners upon your return
- The Ultimate Girlfriends Getaway where you can share a spa day, shop for antiques, visit art galleries in town, and enjoy each other in a setting that’s relaxing and fun
The Inn at Vaucluse Spring
The Inn at Vaucluse Spring provides a completely romantic vacation with its 15 rooms that include six guesthouses in the famed Shenandoah Valley. On 100 acres of rolling orchards, the inn is nestled in one of the most breathtaking sites between Winchester and the Shenandoah National Park.
The Apotheosis of Elegance
The apotheosis of elegance, the 1850’s Vaucluse Manor House is where you will be greeted when you first arrive. It is also where meals are served and where you can book one of three guest rooms on the top storey or one of three in the downstairs Winter Kitchen area.
The inn also offers individual cottages that once were the property of the well-known painter, John Chumley, from 1963 to 1995:
- Chumley Homeplace offers two guest rooms on the top floor and two located in the wing
- The Gallery, which was Chumley’s first art gallery, is now a two story, one bedroom guest cottage
- Mill House Studio is a two story, one bedroom cottage located on the foundation of the original mill house
- Cabin by the Pond was a former tobacco barn and is situated on a hillside overlooking Vaucluse Spring affording magnificent views
- Cottage on the Hill offers two individual guest rooms in the newly built cottage
The guesthouses are appointed with Jacuzzis, fireplaces, queen or king size beds,
sitting rooms, porches, and outdoor nooks for days of unwinding, daydreaming, and reconnecting with yourself, your loved ones, and nature.
Attractions and Natural Beauty
Rated one of the “Top 10 Most Romantic Inns” by Washingtonian Magazine and American Historic Hotels, the Inn at Vaucluse Spring is near many spectacular local attractions such as the Shenandoah National Park, the Appalachian Trail, and Sky Meadows State Park. With such beauty all around, it is no wonder that guests spend the daylight hours canoeing, horseback riding, hiking, bicycling, or playing a round of golf.
Fine Dining With Natural Ingredients
And as if all of the above weren’t enough, the inn offers exceptionally fine dining, with ingredients brought in from the gardens and local farms, along with fresh fruits from surrounding orchards.
The Inn at Onancock
The Inn at Onancock in Onancock, Virginia is known for a Southern hospitality that puts you at ease immediately. A few days’ stay and you will feel like new as you immerse yourself in luxury at this inviting bed and breakfast.
An Old World, International Feel
With five guest rooms, each one is decorated with antiques and oriental rugs to provide an old world and international feel. The spa-styled bathrooms come with a five-jet massage shower panel or antique claw foot bathtub, a towel warmer, and an enveloping robe to dry you and keep you cozy.
Feather-topped beds, down-filled pillows, and 1,000 thread sheets assure that your every nighttime sleep or daytime nap is comfortable enough to allow for beautiful dreams and the complete rest that you need. Add to this the comfy leather library chairs for watching movies or reading a book and front porch rockers in which to wile away the hours, and you’re in for one of the best holidays imaginable.
Gourmet Breakfasts, Relaxing Evening Hours
A gourmet breakfast greets you each morning in the dining room or on porch bistro tables if the weather allows. A WineDown evening hour eases you into the night as you share a glass with your loved one or socialize with other guests.
Whether you choose a romantic weekend, a holiday with friends or family, or a secluded business retreat, the inn provides you with everything you need. Special packages are also available and include fresh flowers, handmade chocolates, champagne or wine, and a basket of goodies. You can even book an interactive cooking class with the inn’s talented and experienced chef who will share her tips for creating exceptional and healthy meals.
Antiquing, art galleries, museums theaters, and outdoor activities abound in the area. Taking time to visit the seashore at Assateague or go birding to connect with nature as you visit Chincoteague National Wildlife Refuge or Wallop’s Island National Wildlife Refuge adds to the beauty of your stay.
Arriving By Boat
If you arrive by boat, The Inn at Onancock is a mere three blocks from the Onancock Wharf on Chesapeake Bay. Secure your slip rental in advance, and then enjoy complimentary pick up and drop off to and from the inn.
Leaving the World Behind
No matter how you arrive or how you choose to enjoy your stay, you will be rewarded with the feeling of having truly left the mad world behind as you take advantage of your Onancock bed and breakfast vacation.
For more information on bed and breakfast opportunities in Virginia, please visit our site today.