- The Mystic Aquarium: What You Need to Know
- Why You Need to See Thomas Jefferson’s Monticello
- 5 of the Most Unique Things to Do in Marshall, MI
- You Need to See these New Mexico Attractions
- How to Explore Grounds For Sculpture
- 8 of the Best Historic Bed and Breakfasts in California
- 6 of the Most Romantic Things to do in Georgia This Weekend
- 6 of the Best Things to Do in Shenandoah Valley
- Why are the Ladew Topiary Gardens So Famous?
- 9 of the Most Romantic Things to Do in Massachusetts
- 10 Best Restaurants in Atlanta
- Relive The Best Moments At The Baseball Hall Of Fame
- 10 Popular Things to Do in Sedona AZ
- Best Cities To See The Total Eclipse Of The Sun
- Outdoor Lovers: 4 Things To Do In West Virginia
- 8 Gazebos Perfect For Romantic Getaways
- Most Impressive Lighthouses In Florida
- Top 3 Reasons To Take A Colorado Vacation
- Shop, Dine & See: 3 Things To Do In Missouri
- Best Cities in North Carolina For Each Season
- 3 Luxurious Things To Do In Newport, RI
- 3 Things To Do In Wisconsin For Cheese Lovers
- 5 Oklahoma Parks Worth Wearing Bug Spray For
- 6 Things To Do In Tennessee For Nature Lovers
- 4 Beautiful Lighthouses in Michigan
- 5 Things To Do In Texas You Can’t Do Anywhere Else
- 4 of the Best Kid-Friendly Hotels in the US
- Best Lake Vacations in the US
- 9 Scenic Lighthouses in Maine
- Top 21 Places With Beautiful Flowers
- 4 Cities for Civil War History Buffs
- Best Pools To Escape To This Summer
- 11 Famous Places You’ve Seen on TV
- Most Beautiful Gardens in the US
- Best Places for Civil War History Buffs
- Bed and Breakfast
- British Columbia
- Festivals and Events
- Holiday Lodging
- National Parks
- New Hampshire
- New Jersey
- New Mexico
- New York
- North Carolina
- Nova Scotia
- Rhode Island
- Road Trips
- Romantic Getaways
- South Carolina
- Things to Do
- Travel and Tourism
- Vacation of a Lifetime
- Vacation Tips
- Washington D.C.
- West Virginia
Monthly Archives: November 2011
Sedona is in Northern Arizona and is a magical place where the spectacular scenery of red sandstone formations is the background for a relaxing and peaceful atmosphere. Situated in the Upper Sonora Desert at 4,500 feet, it has mild and pleasant weather both winter and summer.
Visitors come to Sedona for luxury accommodation or budget rooms and enjoy jeep and air tours, visits to ancient Indian ruins, floating or kayaking trips, spa treatments, art galleries and day trips to several nearby national monuments and the Grand Canyon.
Melbourne, Florida is a 41 square mile city located in east central Florida on Florida’s Space Coast. Disney is 1 ½ hours to the northwest and the Kennedy Space Center is 1 hour north. The city has a number of high tech industries and corporations, a wide range of recreational activities, and a vital downtown with good restaurants and shops. The city is located primarily on the mainland, with a small barrier island strip known as Melbourne Beach that separates the Indian River Lagoon from the Atlantic. Connection to Melbourne Beach is by four lane bridges.
Amelia Island, Florida — home to over 13 miles of beaches — boasts a staggering array of gorgeous and inviting bed and breakfasts, from quaint waterfront inns to stately Victorian manors. Spend the day at the ocean, or wander the Historic District of Fernandina Beach, exploring the town’s many historic wonders. For relaxing family vacations, weekend excursions, or romantic getaways for two, few destinations can compare with the elegant grace of these Amelia Island gems.
Ah Vermont, it features some of the most inspiring scenery in the nation. Combine the natural beauty of the landscape with the intimacy of a bed and breakfast inn and a romantic getaway is born. Check out these four exclusive selections.
Stone Hill Inn Stowe Vermont
The Stone Hill Inn was built for romantic getaways. Luxurious guestrooms encourage guests to linger in their cozy confines. Everything needed for a romantic interlude is in there. Enjoy a two-person Jacuzzi tub with custom toiletries. Fine linens and superior mattresses beckon guests to the king size beds. Fireplaces and antique furnishings offer the opportunity to relax and reconnect.
Bring holiday magic into your kitchen with fabulous desserts to bake, swap and savor. The Holiday Cookie Compendium from Select Registry Distinguished Inns of North America celebrates a long tradition of scrumptious baking. It features favorite recipes from Select Registry innkeepers across the country. For incredible goodies to enliven any holiday celebration, try one (or many) of these:
- Cape Cod Cookies, The Whalewalk Inn, Eastham, MA
- Caramel Butter Shortbread, The Carlisle House, Carlisle, PA
- Chocolate Chip Cookies, Glen-Ella Springs Inn, Clarkesville, GA
- Chocolate Snickerdoodles, St. Francis Inn, St. Augustine, FL
- Chocolate Souffle with Vanilla Anglaise, Los Poblanos Inn, Albuquerque, NM
Maine beckons to those seeking to enjoy a slower pace of life steeped in tradition. The people are friendly, and the scenery is inspiring. Try one of the famous bed and breakfast inns. Local innkeepers take pride in providing their guest with a memorable stay in luxury accommodations.
Haven by the Sea Wells Beach Maine
Nestled in the seaside community of Wells Beach, Heaven by the Sea is a restored 1920s church, converted into a fabulous inn. All the rooms are well appointed with a focus on comfort and local charm. There are tons of amenities including Internet service, cable television, and private baths. Just steps outside the inn, guests can enjoy the beauty of the sea.
Sedona is a warm, inviting vacationers’ paradise. Stunning red rock vistas and miles of trails beckon hikers, jazz festivals and art galleries beg to be enjoyed, and eclectic shopping attracts bargain hunters looking for something a little different. Sedona has it all.
Essential to enjoying Sedona is embracing how truly different life and culture is in Sedona, and an integral part of that is avoiding the chain hotels to be found roadside all over. Sedona is the home to some of the country’s very best bed & breakfasts. The bed and breakfast experience is unique and personalized guaranteed to make your Sedona vacation unforgettable.
Santa Fe, New Mexico is a historical city that was founded over 400 years ago. Santa Fe is a fashionable destination for a harmonious getaway. The individual touches offered by the many Bed & Breakfast establishments available ensure tranquility and leisure. There are two popular Inns located in Santa Fe that are an ideal stay for a visitors to the city. El Farolito Bed and Breakfast Inn also known as ELF and the Four Kachinas Inn as known as 4K are two beautiful Inns that are a lovely place to stay while enjoying all that Santa Fe has to offer. Under the same award-winning ownership and management, both Inns are guaranteed to provide a pleasant stay. Both Inns are located in the downtown historic district of Santa Fe and are a short walking distance from much entertainment including galleries, shops, museums and world-class fine dining.