- The Mystic Aquarium: What You Need to Know
- Why You Need to See Thomas Jefferson’s Monticello
- 5 of the Most Unique Things to Do in Marshall, MI
- You Need to See these New Mexico Attractions
- How to Explore Grounds For Sculpture
- 8 of the Best Historic Bed and Breakfasts in California
- 6 of the Most Romantic Things to do in Georgia This Weekend
- 6 of the Best Things to Do in Shenandoah Valley
- Why are the Ladew Topiary Gardens So Famous?
- 9 of the Most Romantic Things to Do in Massachusetts
- 10 Best Restaurants in Atlanta
- Relive The Best Moments At The Baseball Hall Of Fame
- 10 Popular Things to Do in Sedona AZ
- Best Cities To See The Total Eclipse Of The Sun
- Outdoor Lovers: 4 Things To Do In West Virginia
- 8 Gazebos Perfect For Romantic Getaways
- Most Impressive Lighthouses In Florida
- Top 3 Reasons To Take A Colorado Vacation
- Shop, Dine & See: 3 Things To Do In Missouri
- Best Cities in North Carolina For Each Season
- 3 Luxurious Things To Do In Newport, RI
- 3 Things To Do In Wisconsin For Cheese Lovers
- 5 Oklahoma Parks Worth Wearing Bug Spray For
- 6 Things To Do In Tennessee For Nature Lovers
- 4 Beautiful Lighthouses in Michigan
- 5 Things To Do In Texas You Can’t Do Anywhere Else
- 4 of the Best Kid-Friendly Hotels in the US
- Best Lake Vacations in the US
- 9 Scenic Lighthouses in Maine
- Top 21 Places With Beautiful Flowers
- 4 Cities for Civil War History Buffs
- Best Pools To Escape To This Summer
- 11 Famous Places You’ve Seen on TV
- Most Beautiful Gardens in the US
- Best Places for Civil War History Buffs
- Bed and Breakfast
- British Columbia
- Festivals and Events
- Holiday Lodging
- National Parks
- New Hampshire
- New Jersey
- New Mexico
- New York
- North Carolina
- Nova Scotia
- Rhode Island
- Road Trips
- Romantic Getaways
- South Carolina
- Things to Do
- Travel and Tourism
- Vacation of a Lifetime
- Vacation Tips
- Washington D.C.
- West Virginia
Monthly Archives: October 2011
Defining – One of a Kind Conference Venues…
In this fast paced world of sameness – the same franchise outlets on every corner, the same traffic jams in every city and the constant lament of ‘there’s not enough time..’…in such a world, we crave break-throughs, and along comes the iPad and iPhone…Pixar movies and Sir Richard Branson preparing for commercial space travel; suddenly we all pay attention.
So are we hoping for the same with our Select Registry = Small Retreats meeting venture. A focus on the incredible conference centers, meeting rooms, and event venues at our collection of luxury inns.
They say that everything is bigger and better in Texas and the state has endlessly grand features. The state is known for its major cities, its roll in politics, technology, and the oil business. Texas has made major contributions in finance and science as well as western history, rodeos and South Western cuisine. Those planning to stay in the state may want to look up some of its biggest little bed and breakfasts to book so they can soak up some of the authentic Texas’ charm and comfort.
Here are some fine examples of places to go to experience the hospitality only found in the great state of Texas:
New Jersey is fortunate to be situated along the Atlantic Ocean which beckons many people to come and visit this wonderful state. Although more people live here in one area than any other state in the Union, because there is so much to see and do such as the amusement piers with roller coasters and water parks that are so low cost or free, it makes for a great vacation. Don’t forget the Boardwalk and the Casinos in Atlantic City with people flocking there to have a good time.
For the best in Southern hospitality, there is nothing like a bed and breakfast in Virginia, where they know how to do it best. Whether you need a weekend getaway or a weeklong respite from the daily grind, there are a number of exceptional inns that conspire to make you feel as pampered and relaxed as you deserve.
Goodstone Inn and Restaurant
A five star inn, the Goodstone Inn and Restaurant in gorgeous Middleburg, Virginia is the definition of a great B and B. Located on the outskirts of Loudoun County, this 265-acre estate boasts undulating pastures and picturesque woodlands that signify the essence of Northern Virginia’s horse and wine country.
Select Registry, Distinguished Inns of North America joins B&B For Vets to honor the men and women of the armed forces with an offer of complimentary accommodations, Thurs., Nov. 10, the night before Veterans Day. Last year, nearly 100 Select Registry inns in 26 states, Ontario and British Columbia signed on to mark the day of observance by providing complimentary rooms to service members. Many of these properties included other perks too, such as discounts on spa services, dining and local activities.
Last year, more than 900 properties across North America participated in B&B For Vets, a program conceived in 2008. The campaign continues to enjoy enthusiastic support from innkeepers this year too.
The Empress of Little Rock has been rated as one of the top ten bed & breakfasts in the United States. It’s also ranked #4 on the “most romantic” hotels list. If you’re not familiar with The Empress of Little Rock, it’s a historic hotel that was built in 1888 and restored in 1995. The rooms and property are large and offer classic architecture and grounds.
The rooms at The Empress of Little Rock are the biggest reason for its romantic reputation. Every room comes with a fireplace, Jacuzzi, hydrotherapy massage jet shower, aromatherapy steam sauna, cable TV, CD player and luxury robes. Add comfortable featherbeds and it’s one of the most relaxing hotel room environments you will find anywhere in the country, if not the world.
Cooperstown, New York, is the quaint home of the National Baseball Hall of Fame and one single stop light. In addition to plenty of art, history, opera, state parks and premier dining, this town houses The Inn at Cooperstown. A romantic inn built as the annex to the elegant Hotel Penimore in 1874, this inn is founded on the old world traditions of authentic hospitality and cozy accommodations. The Inn at Cooperstown provides style and comfort for those seeking to uncover the best aspects of a small town inn.
Small luxury hotels are perfect for a romantic escape, richly blending the cozy intimacy of a bed and breakfast with the fine amenities of an upscale resort. A stay at one of these elegant little establishments can escort you back in time to the gingerbread charm of a Victorian mansion, the cozy ambience of a colonial inn, or the breezy elegance of a seaside estate. The properties on Select Registry lie in sophisticated cities, enchanted forests, and windswept coastlines across America; so whether you want to rock the sizzling city nightlife, curl up by the fire after a long day of skiing pristine slopes, or dance under the stars in a tropical paradise; these little hotels will provide the ultimate in luxuriant lodgings.
The Villa Royale Inn is amongst the nicest bed and breakfast you will find in Palm Springs, California. The first thing you should know is that the Villa Royale Inn was ranked as one of the West’s Best Small Inns by Sunset Magazine. This fact alone makes it one of the most appealing hotels west of the Mississippi River.