- 5 of The Most Romantic Things to Do in Vermont
- Everything You Need To Know About The Chautauqua Institution
- 4 of the Most Beautiful Events at the Sonnenberg Gardens
- 3 Ways To Celebrate The Natchez Tricentennial
- Get Inspired at The Philadelphia Museum of Art
- Vote For Select Registry’s USA TODAY 10Best Nominees
- How to Explore The Beautiful Emlen Physick Estate
- Have a Day of Fun at The Jackson Zoo
- The Best National Parks in the USA to Celebrate 100 Years
- Everything You Need to Know About The Historic Rossetter House Museum
- 5 of The Best Romantic Things to Do in North Carolina
- The Mystic Aquarium: What You Need to Know
- Why You Need to See Thomas Jefferson’s Monticello
- 5 of the Most Unique Things to Do in Marshall, MI
- You Need to See these New Mexico Attractions
- How to Explore Grounds For Sculpture
- 8 of the Best Historic Bed and Breakfasts in California
- 6 of the Most Romantic Things to do in Georgia This Weekend
- 6 of the Best Things to Do in the Shenandoah Valley
- Why are the Ladew Topiary Gardens So Famous?
- 9 of the Most Romantic Things to Do in Massachusetts
- 10 Best Restaurants in Atlanta
- Relive The Best Moments At The Baseball Hall Of Fame
- 10 Popular Things to Do in Sedona AZ
- Best Cities To See The Total Eclipse Of The Sun
- Outdoor Lovers: 4 Things To Do In West Virginia
- 8 Gazebos Perfect For Romantic Getaways
- Most Impressive Lighthouses In Florida
- The Top 3 Reasons To Take A Colorado Vacation
- Shop, Dine & See: 3 Things To Do In Missouri
- Best Cities in North Carolina For Each Season
- 3 Luxurious Things To Do In Newport, RI
- 3 Things To Do In Wisconsin For Cheese Lovers
- 5 Oklahoma Parks Worth Wearing Bug Spray For
- 6 Things To Do In Tennessee For Nature Lovers
- Bed and Breakfast
- British Columbia
- Festivals and Events
- Holiday Lodging
- National Parks
- New Hampshire
- New Jersey
- New Mexico
- New York
- North Carolina
- Nova Scotia
- Rhode Island
- Road Trips
- Romantic Getaways
- South Carolina
- Things to Do
- Travel and Tourism
- Vacation of a Lifetime
- Vacation Tips
- Washington D.C.
- West Virginia
Monthly Archives: August 2011
Post Hurricane Irene Travel Incentives From Select Registry Distinguished Inns of North America For Labor Day Weekend
Inn at Bowman’s Hill
New Hope, Penn./ www.theinnatbowmanshill.com/ 215-862-8090
THE CALM AFTER THE STORM SPECIAL
Travelers can save $250.00 this Labor Day Weekend with this package that includes a complimentary in-suite massage, two $50 dinner certificates redeemable at local restaurants, and complimentary champagne and hand-dipped chocolate-covered strawberries. Located 90 minutes from New York City, this romantic inn is adjacent to the 100-acre Bowman’s Hill Wildflower Preserve and minutes from the lively shops and restaurants of downtown New Hope. Guests enjoy luxurious rooms, heated pool and whirlpool tubs, manicured grounds and gourmet breakfast-in-bed.
Throughout Missouri there are a number of amazing Bed and Breakfasts. Whether to avoid a hotel during a road trip or to hunker down and get to know a community, these Inns are the best Missouri has to offer.
Even in urban Kansas City there is an oasis. Southmoreland on the Plaza is a quaint bed and breakfast just south of the city that features twelve different guest rooms on three floors. Southmoreland offers it’s guest’s accommodations at a fitness center close to the inn, Wi-Fi, parking and staff on hand all day and night. This urban inn offers space and accommodation for weddings, large meetings and other social gatherings. The Inn is located near all of Kansas City’s main attractions: the Art Museum, Kansas Speedway, Jacobs Field (home of the Kansas City Royals) as well as the Harry Truman Sports Complex.
Massachusetts is a beautiful place – from Plymouth and pilgrims to Nantucket and whaling. Boston is an iconic city full of history and one of the great cities of the world with beautiful architecture, excellent restaurants and culture. There are spirited college towns and Provincetown’s long history of openness. There are the beautiful beaches from Cape Cod to the south and to the north, seascapes of Cape Ann – with seafood and sea winds and wild nature everywhere. Western Massachusetts is a bucolic scenic world of hills, wilderness and mountains, skiing and snowboarding, as well as the world-class music of the Birkshires’s Tanglewood. When seeking a place to vacation and relax, think Massachusetts.
Located in the south-central portion of the United States, Oklahoma was admitted in 1907 as the 46th state. It is known as an excellent place to visit, as there are so many things to do in The Sooner State. Oklahoma also has many exceptional bed and breakfasts available. Oklahoma bed and breakfast accommodations are famous for their genuine hospitality.
In searching for a unique and reputable bed and breakfast, your first stop should always be Select Registry. Select Registry was founded many years ago with the purpose or sharing the Inn experience with those who shared a love for a one of a kind home away from home. Representing hundred of Inns and Bed and Breakfasts throughout the United States and Canada, Select Registry has gained an exceeding reputation as being the trusted source for exceptional Inn retreats.
A vacation idea that is increasing in popularity is the visit to the Spa Resort. Many travelers return home with a feeling of exhaustion rather than the rejuvenation that they set ou
t to find. This is why a visit to a Spa Resort is the perfect response to vacations that were formerly filled with hectic schedules and sight-seeing. Whether you are booking a trip for yourself and a partner or a group of friends, these getaway packages are the perfect solution.
Select Registry helps you find the best bed and breakfast Illinois has to offer. Here are a few of our members in Illinois.
Harvey House Bed and Breakfast
The Harvey House Bed and Breakfast, situated in the quaint village of Oak Park, is the closest suburb to Chicago. Originally established as a dry community (local ordinances prohibited the sale of alcohol), Oak Park remained a bastion of conservatism until the 1973. Its close proximity to the Loyola Medical Center and the University of Chicago encouraged a new wave of settlers interested in rehabilitating and repurposing the community’s homes, most of which were built in the 1800s.
North Carolina is known for its rich history, traditional values, and southern hospitality. Many of its homes were built prior to the Civil War and its owners have maintained their historic architecture. It was become an increasingly popular trend across the state to turn many of these historic homes into bed and breakfast inns. With over twenty different North Carolina Inns, guests have many different options to choose from.
You are in love and marriage is in the air. You want to celebrate the joy of the moment when you make your vows, but the idea of a large wedding just does not seem right for you.
Eloping in the Olden Days
Long ago, eloping implied a woman running away from home to marry her lover. Against the wishes of her family, the term was pejorative, derived from German word “entlaufen,” to run away. An interpretation from Old English was that of romantic theft, or stealing away to marry the man (or scoundrel, heaven forbid!) of one’s dreams.
New York was one of the original thirteen colonies of the United States. Known as the Empire State, New York is one of the most visited states in the country, and it is home to the largest city in the United States, New York City. Staying in a bed and breakfast in New York could be the ideal way to relax and get away from the challenges of everyday life. New York contains a variety of bed and breakfast that tourist can enjoy all year long.
With the end of summer within sight, you may be realizing you put off your summer vacation too long. Don’t give up on a great vacation. There is still time to take a vacation before the leaves start changing. Bed and breakfast inns are the perfect place to stay during a quick vacation. Select Registry even has a portion of the site dedicated to Last Minute Getaway vacation packages.