- Why You Need to See Thomas Jefferson’s Monticello
- 5 of the Most Unique Things to Do in Marshall, MI
- You Need to See these New Mexico Attractions
- How to Explore Grounds For Sculpture
- 8 of the Best Historic Bed and Breakfasts in California
- 6 of the Most Romantic Things to do in Georgia This Weekend
- 6 of the Best Things to Do in Shenandoah Valley
- Why are the Ladew Topiary Gardens So Famous?
- 9 of the Most Romantic Things to Do in Massachusetts
- 10 Best Restaurants in Atlanta
- Relive The Best Moments At The Baseball Hall Of Fame
- 10 Popular Things to Do in Sedona AZ
- Best Cities To See The Total Eclipse Of The Sun
- Outdoor Lovers: 4 Things To Do In West Virginia
- 8 Gazebos Perfect For Romantic Getaways
- Most Impressive Lighthouses In Florida
- Top 3 Reasons To Take A Colorado Vacation
- Shop, Dine & See: 3 Things To Do In Missouri
- Best Cities in North Carolina For Each Season
- 3 Luxurious Things To Do In Newport, RI
- 3 Things To Do In Wisconsin For Cheese Lovers
- 5 Oklahoma Parks Worth Wearing Bug Spray For
- 6 Things To Do In Tennessee For Nature Lovers
- 4 Beautiful Lighthouses in Michigan
- 5 Things To Do In Texas You Can’t Do Anywhere Else
- 4 of the Best Kid-Friendly Hotels in the US
- Best Lake Vacations in the US
- 9 Scenic Lighthouses in Maine
- Top 21 Places With Beautiful Flowers
- 4 Cities for Civil War History Buffs
- Best Pools To Escape To This Summer
- 11 Famous Places You’ve Seen on TV
- Most Beautiful Gardens in the US
- Best Places for Civil War History Buffs
- Best Historic Wedding Venues in the South
- Bed and Breakfast
- British Columbia
- Festivals and Events
- Holiday Lodging
- National Parks
- New Hampshire
- New Jersey
- New Mexico
- New York
- North Carolina
- Nova Scotia
- Rhode Island
- Road Trips
- Romantic Getaways
- South Carolina
- Things to Do
- Travel and Tourism
- Vacation of a Lifetime
- Vacation Tips
- Washington D.C.
- West Virginia
Monthly Archives: February 2011
A recent TODAY Investigates story reported about deceptive hotel practices. The reporter found some hotels and resorts doctoring images posted online and hiring people to post fake reviews on major travel websites. With its 40 years of providing quality assurance to the public, Select Registry™ provides a silver lining for viewers left wondering how to find a trusted source for quality getaways:
Select Registry,™ Distinguished Inns of North America boasts the most prestigious ratings in the B&B industry. This elite network of celebrated inns and B&Bs across the US and Canada has a 40-year history of outstanding quality assurance, with the longest running inspection program in the industry.
Select Registry Distinguished Inns of North AmericaTM has recognized Bill and Nancy Moncrief as its 2011 Innkeepers Of The Year. The accolade was announced during the organization’s annual conference held last month in Charleston, S.C.
Select Registry represents 400 premier inns, B&Bs and small boutique hotels throughout the U.S. and Canada. Its Innkeeper Of The Year Award is given annually to members who have made a significant, long-term contribution to the organization as well as to their community, the industry and charitable organizations. Select Registry members submit written nominations. A panel of professionals, outside Select Registry, reviews the nominations and determines the top candidate based on a point system.
We’ve all done it, waiting until the very last minute to buy that gift for your special Valentine. Fear not – all is not lost! At Select Registry, we offer you access to the finest inns and B&Bs in North America. There’s no better place to discover that getaway of a lifetime. Here are some tips to give your Valentine a day he or she will never forget!
- Simply book your romantic vacation for a convenient upcoming week, then print off some images from the inn’s website.
- Wrap it up as a present or pop it into a Valentine’s Day card.
- Order your Select Registry gift certificate and have it delivered to your sweetie. Each gift certificate comes with a complimentary Guidebook filled with breathtaking photos of member inns. Both items are beautifully packaged making it a great looking gift.
- Browse through photos of Select Registry properties at SelectRegistry.com. Find an inn that fits your style and is located in an area that will delight your sweetheart.
Even last-minute Valentines can be well thought out
By Amy Weirick
We’ve all done it: put off nailing down a Valentine’s Day gift until the 11th hour. February 14th approaches and the anxiety mounts. The procrastinator’s search for that perfect present turned up fruitless. Now you’re left waiting for divine inspiration or for the “just right” gift to drop in your lap. But it never does.