- How to Spend an Afternoon at the Williamsburg Historic District
- 4 of the Best Features of Chimney Rock State Park
- Los Padres National Forest Is One of the Best Places to Explore
- What You’ll See at the Great Smoky Mountains National Park
- How to Plan a Trip to the St. Augustine Wild Reserve
- Spend a Day at the Daytona International Speedway
- 3 Beautiful Places for Northern Michigan Getaways
- Some of the Best Places to Go Skiing Near Denver, Colorado
- 3 of the Most Romantic Things to Do in New Jersey
- How to Find the Best Shopping in Charlotte, North Carolina
- Your Guide to the Most Romantic Things To Do in Virginia
- Everything You Need to Know About Kittatinny Valley State Park
- Some of the Best Exhibits at the Hagerstown Roundhouse Museum
- Why You Need to Visit the Mississippi Petrified Forest
- Select Registry and TripAdvisor Recognize 290 Select Properties
- A Dozen Hidden Travel Gems In Michigan
- The Top 3 Things To Do In Napa Valley If You Don’t Like Wine
- 5 of The Most Romantic Things to Do in Vermont
- Everything You Need To Know About The Chautauqua Institution
- 4 of the Most Beautiful Events at the Sonnenberg Gardens
- 3 Ways To Celebrate The Natchez Tricentennial
- Get Inspired at The Philadelphia Museum of Art
- Vote For Select Registry’s USA TODAY 10Best Nominees
- How to Explore The Beautiful Emlen Physick Estate
- Have a Day of Fun at The Jackson Zoo
- The Best National Parks in the USA to Celebrate 100 Years
- Everything You Need to Know About The Historic Rossetter House Museum
- 5 of The Best Romantic Things to Do in North Carolina
- The Mystic Aquarium: What You Need to Know
- Why You Need to See Thomas Jefferson’s Monticello
- 5 of the Most Unique Things to Do in Marshall, MI
- You Need to See these New Mexico Attractions
- How to Explore Grounds For Sculpture
- 9 of the Best Historic Bed and Breakfasts in California
- 6 of the Most Romantic Things to do in Georgia This Weekend
- Bed and Breakfast
- British Columbia
- Festivals and Events
- Holiday Lodging
- National Parks
- New Hampshire
- New Jersey
- New Mexico
- New York
- North Carolina
- Nova Scotia
- Rhode Island
- Road Trips
- Romantic Getaways
- South Carolina
- Things to Do
- Travel and Tourism
- Vacation of a Lifetime
- Vacation Tips
- Washington D.C.
- West Virginia
Monthly Archives: February 2011
A recent TODAY Investigates story reported about deceptive hotel practices. The reporter found some hotels and resorts doctoring images posted online and hiring people to post fake reviews on major travel websites. With its 40 years of providing quality assurance to the public, Select Registry™ provides a silver lining for viewers left wondering how to find a trusted source for quality getaways:
Select Registry,™ Distinguished Inns of North America boasts the most prestigious ratings in the B&B industry. This elite network of celebrated inns and B&Bs across the US and Canada has a 40-year history of outstanding quality assurance, with the longest running inspection program in the industry.
Select Registry Distinguished Inns of North AmericaTM has recognized Bill and Nancy Moncrief as its 2011 Innkeepers Of The Year. The accolade was announced during the organization’s annual conference held last month in Charleston, S.C.
Select Registry represents 400 premier inns, B&Bs and small boutique hotels throughout the U.S. and Canada. Its Innkeeper Of The Year Award is given annually to members who have made a significant, long-term contribution to the organization as well as to their community, the industry and charitable organizations. Select Registry members submit written nominations. A panel of professionals, outside Select Registry, reviews the nominations and determines the top candidate based on a point system.
We’ve all done it, waiting until the very last minute to buy that gift for your special Valentine. Fear not – all is not lost! At Select Registry, we offer you access to the finest inns and B&Bs in North America. There’s no better place to discover that getaway of a lifetime. Here are some tips to give your Valentine a day he or she will never forget!
- Simply book your romantic vacation for a convenient upcoming week, then print off some images from the inn’s website.
- Wrap it up as a present or pop it into a Valentine’s Day card.
- Order your Select Registry gift certificate and have it delivered to your sweetie. Each gift certificate comes with a complimentary Guidebook filled with breathtaking photos of member inns. Both items are beautifully packaged making it a great looking gift.
- Browse through photos of Select Registry properties at SelectRegistry.com. Find an inn that fits your style and is located in an area that will delight your sweetheart.
Even last-minute Valentines can be well thought out
By Amy Weirick
We’ve all done it: put off nailing down a Valentine’s Day gift until the 11th hour. February 14th approaches and the anxiety mounts. The procrastinator’s search for that perfect present turned up fruitless. Now you’re left waiting for divine inspiration or for the “just right” gift to drop in your lap. But it never does.