- Los Padres National Forest Is One of the Best Places to Explore
- What You’ll See at the Great Smoky Mountains National Park
- How to Plan a Trip to the St. Augustine Wild Reserve
- Spend a Day at the Daytona International Speedway
- 3 Beautiful Places for Northern Michigan Getaways
- Some of the Best Places to Go Skiing Near Denver, Colorado
- 3 of the Most Romantic Things to Do in New Jersey
- How to Find the Best Shopping in Charlotte, North Carolina
- Your Guide to the Most Romantic Things To Do in Virginia
- Everything You Need to Know About Kittatinny Valley State Park
- Some of the Best Exhibits at the Hagerstown Roundhouse Museum
- Why You Need to Visit the Mississippi Petrified Forest
- Select Registry and TripAdvisor Recognize 290 Select Properties
- A Dozen Hidden Travel Gems In Michigan
- The Top 3 Things To Do In Napa Valley If You Don’t Like Wine
- 5 of The Most Romantic Things to Do in Vermont
- Everything You Need To Know About The Chautauqua Institution
- 4 of the Most Beautiful Events at the Sonnenberg Gardens
- 3 Ways To Celebrate The Natchez Tricentennial
- Get Inspired at The Philadelphia Museum of Art
- Vote For Select Registry’s USA TODAY 10Best Nominees
- How to Explore The Beautiful Emlen Physick Estate
- Have a Day of Fun at The Jackson Zoo
- The Best National Parks in the USA to Celebrate 100 Years
- Everything You Need to Know About The Historic Rossetter House Museum
- 5 of The Best Romantic Things to Do in North Carolina
- The Mystic Aquarium: What You Need to Know
- Why You Need to See Thomas Jefferson’s Monticello
- 5 of the Most Unique Things to Do in Marshall, MI
- You Need to See these New Mexico Attractions
- How to Explore Grounds For Sculpture
- 9 of the Best Historic Bed and Breakfasts in California
- 6 of the Most Romantic Things to do in Georgia This Weekend
- 6 of the Best Things to Do in the Shenandoah Valley
- Why are the Ladew Topiary Gardens So Famous?
- Bed and Breakfast
- British Columbia
- Festivals and Events
- Holiday Lodging
- National Parks
- New Hampshire
- New Jersey
- New Mexico
- New York
- North Carolina
- Nova Scotia
- Rhode Island
- Road Trips
- Romantic Getaways
- South Carolina
- Things to Do
- Travel and Tourism
- Vacation of a Lifetime
- Vacation Tips
- Washington D.C.
- West Virginia
Monthly Archives: January 2011
Rekindle romance after the holiday season with a sweet escape from Select Registry, Distinguished Inns of North AmericaTM. From gourmet getaways and wine country weekends to Blue Ridge mountain bliss, guests of these award-winning inns and B&Bs across North America discover inn-dulgent retreats to suit any couple’s style.
No need for Cupid’s arrow to steer you in the right direction: Travelers can explore a full list of romance packages and specials available at nearby inns by visiting Select Registry’s new website, SeletRegistry.com/valentines. Browse by inn location, package type, or amenities – such as a spa or culinary experience. All properties share the distinction of showcasing the B&B industry’s best of the best, with a more than 40-year history of quality assurance. Of the 20,000 inns and bed and breakfasts in North America, only 400 have qualified to join Select Registry’s elite portfolio.
A group of Vermont’s Select Registry inns and bed and breakfasts are offering free stays this winter to members of the Vermont National Guard, who are returning home from a one-year tour of duty in Afghanistan.
The Vermont Select Registry inns are offering a free one-night stay to any returning Guard member during the months of January, February and March 2011; the offer applies to stays on Sunday through Thursday nights.
Earning a Select Registry membership is a professional distinction that takes a significant amount of time and effort to attain. Please join us in congratulating our newest member inns:
Bloomsbury Inn in Camden, South Carolina is known for its Southern hospitality, gourmet breakfasts and complimentary socials which include a walk through history with the innkeepers. Located in the heart of South Carolina, three miles off I-20, this award winning property, built in 1849 by James Chesnut, Sr. and Mary Cox Chesnut, awaits your arrival. A significant notoriety of the property is derived from the writings of the famous diarist, Mary Boykin Chesnut, daughter-in-law to Colonel James Chesnut, Sr., and wife of Confederate General James Chesnut, Jr. Mary Boykin Chesnut is the author of A Diary from Dixie, and the author of the diaries used by Dr. C. Vann Woodward to write his Pulitzer Prize winning book,Mary Chesnut’s Civil War. From the outside in, this South Carolina inn property is a treat for both the historian and the artist.
Built in 1860, Chestnut Hill has been skillfully renovated to preserve the master craftsmanship of this renowned historic home and professionally decorated to provide our guests with an opportunity to appreciate the past while enjoying the comforts of the present. There are only two guest rooms per floor and each room offers a private bath with hairdryers, quality personal amenities, pillow-top beds dressed in triple-sheeted superior quality cotton linens, lush cozy spa robes, HD flat screen televisions and WiFi Internet access. Extra special touches may include fresh cut flowers, bottled flat or sparkling water and home-made tea-time treats & confections.
Mills River, NC
The Bed & Breakfast on Tiffany Hill is a newly constructed inn nestled in the foothills of Western North Carolina. Just 10 minutes from the Asheville Regional Airport, 25 minutes to the Biltmore Estate and 15 minutes to either Hendersonville or Brevard makes this an ideal destination! Five stunning guestrooms provide comfort for a romantic get-away, a haven for business travelers, or a home base destination for exploring the area. There is so much within a half hour drive of the B&B that you will never lack for something to do. Then, return to the peace and serenity of Tiffany Hill.
Packages and Specials – Get the Most for Your Dollar At A Select Registry Inn.
We’ve heard from our loyal guests and media that they would welcome a listing of the packages and specials offered by each of our member inns. You can find this information under our Packages and Specials section in the top menu. We’ve even grouped them into the following categories: Romance Packages, Weddings, Honeymoons, Anniversary Packages, History & Heritage Packages, Arts, Theater & Attraction Packages, Outdoors & Nature Packages, Golf & Ski Packages, Food & Wine Packages, Spa & Shopping Packages, Family Fun Packages, Seasonal & Holiday Packages, Corporate Packages & Retreats and Last Minute Getaways.
I want to take this opportunity to welcome you to our new website. A committee of our innkeepers worked together to create a site that showcases our outstanding member inns in an interesting format designed for your convenience. I invite you to browse through the site and plan your vacation, wedding, business event or weekend getaway. Several of our new features are highlighted below:
Find The Perfect B & B or Inn With Our Improved Search Features
Each inn must pass a rigid quality inspection from an independent inspector. Our standards are the toughest in the industry and not all who apply will make the cut. It is our goal to provide you, our valued customer, the best of the best in quality lodgings and services. Our guests expect the finest and our member inns specialize in delivering such quality. Each member inn is periodically inspected to ensure that compliance is upheld and maintained.
Select Registry: Unsurpassed Quality In B&B’s and Inns
Following are the primary components of our Quality Assurance program: